Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I AM BACK

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 237 Total Views

Don't know how many of you remember me but I was a member between February and October of last year.

My name is Helen and I wil be 46 next month and I am a first time mom of a 17 month old boy who is the light of my life.

I also have a 68 year old mom who is going through dementia which has progressed quite rapidly during this past year putting me into the sandwich generation. My step father is looking after her yet is having a hard time doing so. I live across town and do not drive making it impossible to be in 2 places at once.

They both worry me and at this point I am also trying to find a job as we can no longer live on one income and longer.

Life is very hectic. How is that for an intro?

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Welcome back... Feel free to jump right in... Don't forget about the support forum. It can come in real handy with the parental issues...

Hugz!

firelites
by Anne on May. 26, 2013 at 10:21 PM

welcome back 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 27, 2013 at 12:52 AM

welcome backwelcome back!!  I know how hard it is w/the dementia thing.  We finally had to put my Nana in a home/hospital as she couldn't take care of herself, even with me visiting daily for a few hours.  It's hard...HUGS...

caro100
by Bronze sister on May. 27, 2013 at 5:04 AM
I am there with you minus the newborn. I have 83 yo mother living with me as well as my two sons, all are still together. I also work 40 plus houses a week. I feel all your challenges. Enjoy your little one.
Derpy
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:08 AM

welcome back

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on May. 27, 2013 at 6:03 AM

Hello Helen! I certainly remember who you are...welcome back to 40ish and Beyond.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 27, 2013 at 6:06 AM

WElcome BACK!! I do remember you because of your screen name..How are you? Good to see you and looking forward to reconnecting with you!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on May. 27, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Hey Helen Welcome Back.. How is that Lil one of yours?
GE1
by Bronze sister on May. 27, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

You remember me? Really? I have to think now who you are. Would you possibly be Vickey? ROTFLOL

Quoting Maida265:

Hello Helen! I certainly remember who you are...welcome back to 40ish and Beyond.

CafeMom Tickers

GE1
by Bronze sister on May. 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Hey Mary, nice to "see" you again. Gregory is a very curious toddler by now who is running by now. He has grown so quickly

Quoting maryg38:

Hey Helen Welcome Back.. How is that Lil one of yours?

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)