Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Introducing single moms to great men

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
1 mom liked this
When you are young and single and always going out, friends are always setting you up with someone plus men are always introducing themselves.

As single moms, who have less opportunities to go out, less friends who can go out , do you wonder if there is anyone your friends can introduce you to? I wonder if women should ask for their friend's help?

Or is it that friends would rather not get involved and introduce 2 people they know in case there is a messy break up?

It just seems tougher for single moms than it is for single dads to find a significant other....
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 26, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I try not to introduce single people (not that I know many).  However, if I am ask, I will make introductions...

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 27, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I always think one of the best places to meet other single parents is at school functions lol weird but true.  PTA meetings too.  We had a mom/dad meet and marry when my sweetpea was in Elem. school it was so neat/sweet.  If I had single friends and thought they'd make a great pair I definitly would set them up...

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on May. 27, 2013 at 6:05 AM

I think I would have to agree with Alolies. I don't set anyone up. It's a personal choice and any time you get involved in someone else's relationship woes...you often introduce a few to yourself!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on May. 27, 2013 at 6:14 AM

I have afew single friends who are not looking. I would never set my friends up with anyone as if something happens I could lose a friend (or two). I was however the single mom and it was hard but at the same time my boys were way more important than me finding a new partner and when I did find him it wasnt me looking but rather time and good timing..

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I don't have any close friends who are single any more. They have all been married close to 20 yrs or over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snowl
by Snowl :) on May. 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Most of my friends are married. I really should go out more and make some newer single friends LOL.  My 18 yr keeps saying, "Mom you need a bf."

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on May. 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Singlehood in your 40's and 50's is challenging....I am at apoint where going to a movie or dinner with someone other than my children would be nice....and yes I miss the intimacy of having a partner, as well! Meeting men is not easy for single moms working full time and not having time to socialize in places you might meet eligible men. Online is not easy, either. Fixing up a friend can go either way...it is hard to tell. At least you would know that your friend would not fix you up with an axe murderer...hopefully!

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on May. 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I raised my two sons as a single mom. single men seemed to steer far away from  single moms. Maybe the guys had a fear of the  extra financial burden of kids, or even the guys were afraid of the woman going back to the father of her children. Even the chance of the father showing up one day, creating an awkward scene can keep a single man away from a single mom.

~Marie;I AM ADDICTED to CafeMom!

firelites
by Anne on May. 27, 2013 at 12:32 PM

don't laugh , but, at the Red Cross blood bank, just check your local listings for the blood drives and your doing a service to the community while your at it nursehappy memorial day

lil_mama06
by Debbie on May. 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I haven't and I wouldn't..Not that I have many friends..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)