Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Knowing me, Knowing you!!

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:21 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 153 Total Views

No not the song!!! LOL

We are getting new sisters daily and I thought it would be fun to get to know each other...

What are 5 (or more) things that would descibe you?

Here are mine:

1. I am a mom of 5 (I actually had 7 kids but lost twins at birth and my 5th child is adopted).

2. I have 9 grandchildren with two on the way (due Nov & Dec)

3. I have identical twins and one of my twins had twins (this is rare).

4. I went to high school in Germany and had the time of my life!!! (yes I am a Military brat and VERY proud of it!).

5. Besides babysitting my first job was working painting lines in the middle of the road in Germany on post. I was sworn in like I was going into the Military and had to uphold this position in a professional manner.

6. I have always collected butterflies (my grandma got me started when I was a child) and I also always wanted a white tiger.

7. I am a history buff and explored history beyond what was taught..

This is me that you might not have known.. How about you??

by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PinkDragonFly
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:40 AM

1) I am a mom of 4, and 2 angel  babies.

2) I work from home, (homeday care).

3) I only ever had one job out side the home (public day care).

4) I use to collect glass birds (my grandmother got me started) but not enough room for them and they were dust collectors, so now I just collect dust.

5) I dated my ex 7 yrs b4 we got married, I guess I should of seen his cheating on me coming, we were young when we started dating and each others first, guess he wanted to see what he was missing. 

6) looking back though he did me a favor, didn't notice till 3 yrs after he left he was abusing me emotionally and verbally. 

7) I have 1 dog and 2 cats one of the cats is 16 yrs old and blind!

Sharon

Revenge(ABC TV) and More, come join me CLICK

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on May. 31, 2013 at 7:27 AM

1. I am a huge NASCAR Sprint cup fan- grew up with my dad & uncle racing so not a big surprise lol

2. I am a huge history buff with WW2 being my biggest interest.

3. I love music-it's a big part of me so much I got a degree in Music/Tv Entertainment biz.

4. Hubby and I recently got into HO scale model trains-we've built a RR around the top of our living-room.

5. I have 2 girls- 1 is bio and the other I have raised since she was 6 (now 26-hubby's from first marriage)but I call her mine/ours.

6. been married 17 yrs this year

7. born in Pennsylvania but lived in Texas since I was 7!

Maida265
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

1) My name is Vickey (very important to know someone's name don't you think?)

2) I love to joke, tease, play harmless tricks, and LAUGH!

3) I am the proud momma of 7 children. 3 biological sons...and 4 my dh and I were blessed to raise via adoption.

4) I am a born and raised Varment! (Live in VT...been here all my life.)

5) My passion is to give a voice to those who have none. I work with the disabled and very proud of the work I do. Of my 4 adopted children....3 are disabled.

6) I'm a cleanaholic. I hate clutter...love purging.

7) I love making friends. I will admit to having a bit of a memory lapse when it comes to staying connected regularly but it doesn't mean that you aren't cherished. INVITE ME!

Maida265
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Bump

Manth
by Manth on Jun. 2, 2013 at 8:26 AM

1. I'm a Mum of two and both of my girls were identified as Gifted during their school years.  This has given rise to a whole range of challenges that I never expected but have rather enjoyed during their school days.  One of them is considered 'Highly Gifted' and she is a member of the Golden Key International Honours Society after her first year at University where she came in the top 15% of her faculty (Engineering).  The other one is considered 'Gifted' and sometimes considers herself 'stupid' because while she learns faster than most other kids around her, she doesn't learn as fast as her older sister.  It's a real battle getting her to be herself rather than considering herself a pale copy of her sister.

2. I was the first person in my family (all branches) to go to University.  I put myself through there by working in a retirement village and continued working there until I got my first full-time job with an insurance company.  The work in the retirement village was hard physically - I did cleaning, bed making, washed dishes and generally helped out with the residents' well being - but not much of a challenge intellectually.  But I'm still proud of myself for not relying on loans or my parents to get my degree.

3. While at University I got involved with Role Playing Games such as Dungeons and Dragons - and I still play regularly!  In fact, I met DH through one game of D&D back in the early 1980s.  Both of our girls play, too in groups with their friends but not our group.

4.  I've always been a bit of a history buff and was very active in the Society for Creative Anachronism before I got married.  I can cook a 4 course meal for 30 over an open fire while wearing long skirts!  I can also spin (though not very well) on a drop spindle and have made bobbin lace - all skills I learned in the SCA.

5. I have never driven a car but I did have a motor cycle licence for a while.  I got my bike licence because it was easier and cheaper than learning to drive a car while I was at Uni.  Unfortunately I got into a bad accident coming home from work one day and broke my collar bone and was never able to ride again.  Soon after that my eyes started going bad and now I'm not able to hold any kind of licence to drive.

6. I am an avid reader and go through a book a day on average.  At one stage I was in the library so often the librarians knew me by name and put books aside that they thought I would like.  These days my eyes are bad enough that most books are a problem.  So I bought a Kindle and read that instead.  I still go through a book a day and sometimes more, but now I can get many books cheaply or even free for my Kindle which helps my budget a lot.

7. I have battled obesity since early childhood.  I was a 'normal' weight child until I reached age 10 when I developed a severe case of eczema on my hands and feet.  It was so bad that holding a pen to do my school work caused the skin to break and bleed, as did walking anywhere.  It resisted all attempts to heal it so the doctors put me on powerful oral steroids to break the cycle.  It worked, sort of - I now only have occasional flare-ups and those fairly mild.  But it caused me to gain a LOT of weight and it's been tough to get it to shift.  However my current weight loss plan (Herbalife) seems to be working and I've lost 26 kg (57 lb) of the roughly 80 kg (176 lb) I want to lose.  I've been following the plan since February and it's been fairly easy so far.

wishbearmom
by Sue on Jun. 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM

1. I am a divorced mom of 3 kids, 2 adults and a 9 yr old who was born when I was 43 yrs old.

2. I have 2 work from home jobs, one for an online university and the other evaluating the English speaking ability of global workers.

3. I have been a runner for many years, but I'm doing my first half-marathon this coming July.

4. I have a wonderful man in my life, but he lives 300 miles away.

5. I don't have a crafty bone in my body and I'm fine with that.

6. I am not handy about working on cars or fixing things around the house.

7. I am the crazy dog lady; I have 2 dogs of my own, my oldest daughter, who lives with me, has a dog, and my SO has a giant dog and also watches his granddog, a Scotty, on a regular basis, so occasionally there are 5 dogs at once in my small house (which makes it seem that much smaller!)

macmomsangel
by Sister on Jun. 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM

1) Mother of 3 and grandma of 1

2) Born in WV, raised in FL, returned to WV to raise my 3 kids that were born in FL.

3) My favorite pet is my raccoon, Meko. Her eyes were not even open when I found her. Her mother was killed when a storm went through and destroyed the tree they were in. She is now 15 years old.

4) I was blessed with my current husband. He raised my 3 children as they were his own.

5) After being a SAHM for 20 years and an associate's degree in healthcare management I returned to work as an aid at a daycare center. Guess I still love being around little ones.

6) I have a passion for history and am lucky to live in a place that is surrounded by history.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)