Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

THE Wedding Dance Post

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 163 Total Views

So many of our wonderful gals are having weddings (kids' weddings) and so lets all get in the mood!  Name a wedding dance.  Or if you have a good wedding dance story, please share.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM

the electric slide.

On our video you can see my mil's bff from childhood go down.  Apparently our dance floor was just too slippery.  She was ok though!

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on May. 31, 2013 at 11:19 PM

At a friends wedding, the guys came out to "Sharp Dressed Man"... They were struttin their stuff... Lol

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on May. 31, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

too cute!

Quoting ALolies:

At a friends wedding, the guys came out to "Sharp Dressed Man"... They were struttin their stuff... Lol

Snowl
by Snowl :) on May. 31, 2013 at 11:27 PM

The Chicken Dance has been played at every wedding I ever attended except for mine LOL

Connie04
by Sister on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I haven't been to a wedding dance in ages!!  I do remember that someone would always pass around a bucket and collect cash from the guests at the dance.  The best man would then present the money to the couple.  There was also the big production of the groom taking off the bride's garter and flinging it into the waiting crowd of eligible bachelors.  The bride would do the same with her bouquet and toss it backwards into a group of single ladies.  A popular dance was The Butterfly (a guy in the middle with a girl on each side).  We would hop along and kick out a leg during the slow part of the song.  When the song hit the fast part, he would take turns with a girl on each arm and try to fling her around as fast as he could.  I remember there were times when my feet wouldn't touch the ground!  It was a LOT of fun!  They don't do wedding dances like that anymore, do they??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)