Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant be the only one feeling like this!

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:55 PM
  • 30 Replies
  • 749 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I always try to be positive, since I been living at my mom's (due to financial hardship) I feel like instead of moving forward,  I am in a stump.  My lease was up 2 months ago, rent went up, I couldnt afford the increase plus my I am off work in the summer.  I work for the public school district, which means I will not be able to afford an apartment.  I try to look at the pros of living here, for one my mom needs me right now , I dont have the worry of not making rent (which was a stuggle every month), I help out with utlilities only right now, My kids have a home with front and back yard.  I am a single mom, looking for work as I work, 2 boys a teen and a toddler.  I am doing all I could, so why do i feel like its never going to get better?, I pray and believe that God has a better plan for us but sometimes like today I just feel I need to vent, anyone out there relate to my situation?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snowl
by Snowl :) on May. 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I can relate. I'm in a similar situation. Frustrated, upset and just PO'd. Hang in there this has to get better! **hugs**

wildlilacs
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Take the time to really evauluate your life. Writs down what you want out of life. Then set some goals. First maybe better job. Schooling for better job. Doesnt have to be fulltime.
Have an attitude of graditude. Seek peace for your overwelmed soul. Take some me time. If only just half an hour.
In this darkness you will find the light that shines within you.
((((Hugs)))
starsis68
by Sister on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I fill the same way. I work for school two in the cafeteria
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this

hugs..I know what you mean...we were spiraling down for the past oh my nearly 8yrs and FINALLY my hubby got a break and is now a IT manager for a great new company.  Keep praying, don't ever ever give up..I agree take this time to evaluate what you really want for yourself and kids...

HUGS!!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jun. 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM
3 moms liked this
HUGS!!!
Oh yes.... 6 months ago I lost my job, husband is sick and we are living day today.... I can relate... Our girls are adjusting. We have a roof over our heads and food on the table. We might not have luxuries but we have each other. Hugs, it's not an easy road but it is one that we all travel at one time or another.

In Proverbs 3:5-6
New International Version (NIV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

wishbearmom
by Sue on Jun. 1, 2013 at 5:28 AM
2 moms liked this

It will get better. You have provided a stable environment for your children and yourself, and you have the opportunity to save a little money so eventually you can get your own place. You said yourself that your mom appreciates the help, so it's a win-win. Don't beat yourself up for circumstances beyond your control. It's a tough economy, and many families have had to share living space to make ends meet. ((HUGS!!))

Maida265
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

No sweetie you aren't the only one. I'm sure you are feeling defeated because this is not how you envisioned your life to be...but it really WILL be okay. Sounds like your Mom needs you there as much as you need this stepping stone to stay afloat. ((hugs))

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I think with the economy the way it is most have to combine households just to make it. What I would do is save as much money as you can and prepare for when you are able to get back on your own. YOu are not alone and I will pray that you find that solution that will help you and your family. Hugs

bhow
by Silver sister on Jun. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Thank Goodness you have your mom.  

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

This very well could be a healing period for you, and the help your mom needs. I believe we are all exactly where God wants us. Even if we can't see it now, there is a purpose... Hang in there... And you have us to vent to whenever you get overwhelmed...

HUGZ!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)