Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I bought a dress for DS's wedding. Now I don't need to sew!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 519 Total Views
1 mom liked this

This is sooo much better than my skirt idea. I was ready to make something (you remember my old post), and then went shopping ONE MORE TIME yesterday. I was so surprised to find something that fits, looks good, and feels comfortable for my oldest son's wedding next month. It's a soft knit. Would you say the color is coral?

I got it on sale at Talbots - half-off.  And I can wear it with the "mochachino" jacket. So now I only need shoes and a handbag. Any suggestions on color and style? And jewelry. I have so little jewelry. I'll have to buy something. (My repertoire consists of silver and turquoise, after living in NM most of my life!)

DH thinks a matching wide-brimmed sun would finish the outfit nicely. I'm thinking so, too. The dress drapes well when I'm wearing it, but looks a bit droopy in the pic.

I

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

love the color and I have always been a fan of talbots.

check it off the list of to-dos..... and keep counting down!

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the color! Very nice!

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Beautiful. And I bet it looks fabulous on you.... I would opt for silver jewelry... And white shoes, so you can wear them with other things too. I didn't carry a handbag or clutch to Kevin's wedding as I didn't want to have to keep up with it.

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I like the dress, but not a fan of the cover item you plan to wear on top of it.

It hides all of the best features of the dress.

I would wear a chunky necklace with this, something like what I have pictured below and probably beige shoes. But that's just me...

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Funny you said chunky. That's exactly what my 26 year-old dd said when I sent her the pic. I like the necklace you picked out!

Quoting rosebud727:

I like the dress, but not a fan of the cover item you plan to wear on top of it.

I would wear a chunky necklace with this, something like what I have pictured below and probably beige shoes. But that's just me...

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM

nice

girlcitycountry
by Chris on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Nice! I love the color.

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

A handbag is sometimes awkward to keep up with. You don't want to leave it lying around, but you need certain items - lipstick, tissues, comb . . . 

I like the idea of white or off-white shoes. For me, it's a matter of finding dressy shoes that will fit my 9 1/2 W feet!  I'm glad my dd's are totally against stockings. They wouldn't let me wear them! So I hope to find some open-toe heels.

Quoting ALolies:

Beautiful. And I bet it looks fabulous on you.... I would opt for silver jewelry... And white shoes, so you can wear them with other things too. I didn't carry a handbag or clutch to Kevin's wedding as I didn't want to have to keep up with it.

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Me too. I'm glad I got something colorful. I think my old idea, a chocolate skirt to match the jacket, and a peach top, was too washed out for a wedding.

Quoting girlcitycountry:

Nice! I love the color.

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM

What would you suggest for a light cover-up? I don't think a shrug will work because to the ruching. A light, cotton sweater? It's always possible that the weather could be cool in the mountains. The little jacket I have would actually do little to keep me warm, but it would be something on my arms.

Quoting rosebud727:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)