Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I Hope I'm Not Stepping On Anyone's Toes, But...

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 55 Replies
  • 790 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I find Toddlers in Tiaras and child pageants in general to be absolutely ridiculous. Little girls should look like little girls, and to slather on the make-up, put in hair extensions and/or wigs, fake teeth, false eyelashes to make them look old and plastic is something I do not understand AT ALL!!

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
looneymom424
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Have you watch that show Tiaras and toddlers or something like that most of time the toddler doesnt  even want to do it...they say no...

I have a friend on facebook who puts her 4 year old in them...it is expensive for them...I wouldnt do it to anyone..

Momofmenagerie
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I was in a couple of pageants as a five -seven yr old. The only make I wore was a little blush and maybe a bit of lip color.... It wasn't like it is now ....none of the girls wore pancake make up or given any type of caffeine . I did two, placed both times, but when I said I didn't want to, mom said, no problem.

Today's pageants are bordering on abuse in my opinion.
KW1280
by Silver sister on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I signed a petitoon to get the show taken off air.
I really dislike the show
KW1280
by Silver sister on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:13 PM
*petition
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:14 PM
My daughter watched it because she liked Honey Boo Boo. That's when I saw the absurd lengths those pageant moms went to. They spend an exorbitant amount of money and it's like life or death to them. They parade their children around like trick ponies, and I think it's horrible!
Quoting looneymom424:

Have you watch that show Tiaras and toddlers or something like that most of time the toddler doesnt  even want to do it...they say no...

I have a friend on facebook who puts her 4 year old in them...it is expensive for them...I wouldnt do it to anyone..

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Sue- It remind me of poor Jon Benet Ramsey....:(

mom_dl6
by Miss Mary Belle on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it sends a bad message to our Beautiful Girls that in order for you to think you're Beautiful others have too and if they don't that's bad .  I tell my DD Trinity that the only Peoples opinions she need be concerned about is ours.

It's sad how many of them i see on there Throw fits because they don't want to do it.  Moms living through their children PISS me off.  Let them be them for frick sake banging head into wall

happinessforyou
by Sister on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I think it is very funny that some of these parents will spend this amount of money on a 3 year old beauty pageant, yet I wonder if they would spend the same for that child's college education?

And only the "winners" get any prize money, so if you are not the winner of the day and go home with no prize money, how will they ever afford college for these kids???

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Exactly!
Quoting Mariagma3:

Sue- It remind me of poor Jon Benet Ramsey....:(

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Uhg, sweet peas aren't working for me at the moment, but if they were I would applaud your actions.
Quoting KW1280:

I signed a petitoon to get the show taken off air.
I really dislike the show
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)