Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I Hope I'm Not Stepping On Anyone's Toes, But...

Posted by   + Show Post

I find Toddlers in Tiaras and child pageants in general to be absolutely ridiculous. Little girls should look like little girls, and to slather on the make-up, put in hair extensions and/or wigs, fake teeth, false eyelashes to make them look old and plastic is something I do not understand AT ALL!!

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Replies (51-55):
TatorsBaby09
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you on this if the child doesn't want to do it the partents should not  force them to do it.

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate those shows!  I think it's pathetic.  They aren't actually for the little girls--it ends up being about the moms.  Are they living vicariously through their daughters?  Trying to win validation by winning?  Those little girls don't look human to me.

A pageant for little girls should be about THEM---their talents, minds and hearts.  I want to see a show with little girls that have normal hair, growing a new tooth or two --and a skinned knee with a great story of adventure behind it.

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont get it either, let a kid be a kid soon enough she will be ready for the makeup and all!
tinysmom160
by Bronze sister on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I agree with you totally

valleymomma1
by Bronze sister on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I watched last night for a bit one mom was yelling, swearing, threatening while holding her little girl & dragging her son by the hand.  It was to much for me & made me so angry.  I do not understand it either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN