Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Hope I'm Not Stepping On Anyone's Toes, But...

Posted by   + Show Post

I find Toddlers in Tiaras and child pageants in general to be absolutely ridiculous. Little girls should look like little girls, and to slather on the make-up, put in hair extensions and/or wigs, fake teeth, false eyelashes to make them look old and plastic is something I do not understand AT ALL!!

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Replies (51-55):
TatorsBaby09
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you on this if the child doesn't want to do it the partents should not  force them to do it.

doodlepuss
by Sheri on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate those shows!  I think it's pathetic.  They aren't actually for the little girls--it ends up being about the moms.  Are they living vicariously through their daughters?  Trying to win validation by winning?  Those little girls don't look human to me.

A pageant for little girls should be about THEM---their talents, minds and hearts.  I want to see a show with little girls that have normal hair, growing a new tooth or two --and a skinned knee with a great story of adventure behind it.

mrgetinold
by Nana on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont get it either, let a kid be a kid soon enough she will be ready for the makeup and all!
tinysmom160
by Bronze sister on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I agree with you totally

valleymomma1
by Silver sister on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I watched last night for a bit one mom was yelling, swearing, threatening while holding her little girl & dragging her son by the hand.  It was to much for me & made me so angry.  I do not understand it either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN