Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Hot Flashes?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 315 Total Views

Hello,

I am brand new to this forum.  I am 44 (phew) and I have a 7 year old son and a 5 year old daughter.  I was wondering if any of you have experienced hot flashes.  I get these horrible hot rushes throughout my body a few times a day, to the point where I am sweating and red in the face.  Then it goes away and I am cold again.  I am thinking this is menopause.  I am feeling really old, like an old mommy, and don't know how to feel and look younger.  Well, that's another post, probably. 

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:50 AM

welcome.

i get them too.

perimenopause can last for years.frown mini

i have tried a few supplements but end up not taking them.

heres a bump.

also i think there is another forum here dedicated to exactly this topic

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Welcome!

Menopause symptoms can start 5 years before you actually go through it. Visit our taboo forum and you will see the 35 symptoms of menopause and we now have a bitch post as well...

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Yep...sounds like you might be entering the world of mature women! LOL

BL2010
by BL on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Hi and welcome to the group. Yup, sounds like you are entering the menopause stage.... I just suffered through it.

daisybelle1960
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Where is the tabbo forum now? I don't see it anymore.

Quoting dana63:

Welcome!

Menopause symptoms can start 5 years before you actually go through it. Visit our taboo forum and you will see the 35 symptoms of menopause and we now have a bitch post as well...

BL2010
by BL on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Hmmm, it's still there.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/7446/forums/163694/Taboo_Topics

Quoting daisybelle1960:

Quoting dana63:

Welcome!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Quoting daisybelle1960:

Quoting dana63:

Welcome!

Let's Talk! Get started here!

• General Discussion (Adult Content)
  • Beyond and fabulo... (Adult Content)
  • Taboo Topics! (Adult Content)
  • cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

Brooklynchic
    by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM

hello and welcome to the group nice to meet ya!!!  i also get them , but at night  drives me nutso....in our taboo forum there is an old post with lots of great suggextions.... good luck momma and youve found the right place.... im 48 yrs young with an 8 and a 13 year old......  

daisybelle1960
    by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    1 mom liked this
    Oh, I see it now. I'm using the mobile site, and they aren't all listed together. Thanks!

Quoting BL2010:

Hmmm, it's still there.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/7446/forums/163694/Taboo_Topics

Quoting daisybelle1960:

Quoting dana63:

Welcome!

TerriAnne2606
    by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Hi - thanks for posting this.  I'm a tad older than you but was wondering about menopause. I'm looking at the link to see if I have any symptoms now.  I've got 4 kids - 24, 22, 21 and 3.  LOL  Being an older mom can sometimes take it out of you as well.  I swear that the boys didn't have the energy of the girl (boys are in their twenties, girl is the 3 year old) does.  LOL  Good think the boys adore their younger sister and can come and play with her when she's worn me out!!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)