Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Who were you in school? Which group did you fall in while in high school? Jock? Band Geek? Nerd ball? Braniac?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I was the wall flower not brain, not a nerd, was last picked in gym class, not in band! Had about three close friends.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I never fit into one group. I was a cheerleader, played softball and lettered. Our community had a festival every summer and chose girls from the two local high schools, so I was queen of that one year (it had a rodeo and I had to ride a horse to present the flag. Me and horses don't get along). I was also in a few advanced courses, earning college credit, worked during my senior year and volunteered someplace else. I skipped senior parties and if it weren't for my mom, I probably wouldn't have joined up for anything. If I did fit into a group, it would be the big hair, bad perm club!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I wasn't in a group. I'm not a group person.

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I was a cheerleader and on the gymnastic squad ,,volleyball team,, honor society ,, prom queen.
President of F.H.A my sr. year. I guess I was popular I loved my high school years and all my friendships I made.
I was also a girly girl in school :-) :-) :-) .I was voted most humorous lol...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

This was me!!! Also, I was defender of those being bullied... So I guess you could say I bullied the bullies... LOL

Quoting BL2010:

I was me.... Silly....

But to answer the rest of your questions. I fell into none of those categories. We were a group that just were there and got along with everyone. lol

TableforSeven
by Bronze sister on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I was a artistic-jock-who made honor roll and had a lot of friends who were generally considered outcasts, druggies, and band-geeks.

I got along with almost everyone and fit in with pretty much every group.

looneymom424
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM

This is me

Quoting maryg38:

I was the quiet one in the back of the room... Good grades.... No particular group

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Some things never change do they Carmen! ROFLOL I'm kidding of course!

Quoting Carmen66:

I was very sociable, didnt join any groups. I was the trouble maker and the problem solver lol..

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Sounds much like me with the exception that I socialized with a few in each group, however I wasn't "friends" with any of them. I have more people today come up and say..."I bet you were a hoot back in school." Little do they know that I didn't come into my own until I was in my late 20's early 30's.

Quoting MsMimna:

Oh wow how I wish I could forget my school years!!! I was the chubby, ugly violin playing nerd...lol. I got good grades, did my homework, walked to and from school alone and was that kid that got splashed by the puddle on the side of the road by the jocks driving their hot rods :((   Most people don't recognize me now !!

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Awe...the 80's...it was good for big hair! LOL

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I never fit into one group. I was a cheerleader, played softball and lettered. Our community had a festival every summer and chose girls from the two local high schools, so I was queen of that one year (it had a rodeo and I had to ride a horse to present the flag. Me and horses don't get along). I was also in a few advanced courses, earning college credit, worked during my senior year and volunteered someplace else. I skipped senior parties and if it weren't for my mom, I probably wouldn't have joined up for anything. If I did fit into a group, it would be the big hair, bad perm club!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)