Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Let's Talk: What is on your mind?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM
  • 28 Replies
  • 922 Total Views

Summer break is here for the kids and I know some moms are wondering what to do.. 40ish and beyond will have crafts and great ideas to keep the kids busy while mom is playing on Cafemom lol... :) We will also have recipes and ways to beat this heat... floating in pool

Share your ideas with us..

Let's talk and share ideas ....

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I am not a crafty person. So far I'm waiting on summer. It's cloudy, rainy and a chilly 52 degrees this morning! I have to work until 2, but then I promised Han a pedicure : )  I need to give myself one as well.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Having a 7 year old who is the only child at home I hear "I am bored!" I want to go back to school!" So I placed many different books on my Kindle and she is required to read and do math skills. I also do a craft with her and then she has outside play..

I am using tin cans today so I will wash them and make sure there is no edges and we will paint them and she can use it as a bank or knowing her she will plant something in it...

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:28 AM
As a" craft lady" I always have something going on in my craft room.
For our 11 year old, she likes to make cards birthday, thank you... etc...let the kids make a assortment of cards they can have on hand to give out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Fun sprinkler idea, we took a plastic 2 liter bottle, poked holes all over it, except for the very bottom, went to the hardware store bought a fitting for the top of the bottle, screwed the hose in turned it on. D.d loves putting this under the trampoline while she jumps....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Let the kids make snow cones, easy cheap,
Our d.d. likes to set up lemonade/snowcone stands..., we are out in the country she gets a lot of bike riders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Our Public Library has so many free things everyday for all ages... I get a daily email from them. If you have a library check them out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not so creativeon my own, but I do love to do all sorts of crafty things with my kids (with instruction...lol.)

We make a lot of puppets and host a puppet show. I go to big stores that have the giant cardboard boxes that washers/refridgerators etc are packed in and bring them home for a stage.

We use LOTS and LOTS of cardboard boxes! We make forts...hotels...doll houses etc...out of them. With small scraps of paper, material etc...we can even make beds, curtains and rugs.

rmebrat1020
by rmebrat on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I'm having the girls make butter tomorrow and when that is done we are going to make homemade bread for our butter. I love this because even my 2 yr old can participate.
Snowl
by Snowl :) on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I am a teacher - former teacher - looking for work. I have taught kids from 3-16 so I have a lot of fun things in my idea bank.

One thing my kids loved to do was to "paint" with instant pudding. Just tape a clean plastic table cloth or garbage bag to the table and have fun. My guys would go in the tub after and clean up was easy as long as they kept the pudding on the table.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know if you gals get the show on TV called Artzooka. It's on Qubo. It's a GREAT show that shows you how to make things out of recycled or scrap things around the house. It's the coolest show ever! My son and I watch it every night and we write down a list of supplies and then use this when we have rainy days. Artzooka also has a web site so you can go there and look up ideas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN