Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Let's Talk: What is on your mind?

Posted by   + Show Post

Summer break is here for the kids and I know some moms are wondering what to do.. 40ish and beyond will have crafts and great ideas to keep the kids busy while mom is playing on Cafemom lol... :) We will also have recipes and ways to beat this heat... floating in pool

Share your ideas with us..

Let's talk and share ideas ....

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM
madison and her bff have decided to have a lemonade stand ,, the money they make is going to the dog shelters,, I will have to post updates when they decide to do this.
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this

She's such a sweet child Christy! I really wish my kids knew that vacation and camping meant sleeping past 4:00 AM. I was not ready to get up this AM. UGH!

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM

My dd and grandson are washing my car,,,,,,,they love doing it and it is fun with the water, plus my car gets clean..........They also put a sprinkler under the trampoline and jump while it is on........

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Rain rain...and more rain. BLAH! Went to go to the movies and even that failed. They were sold out! Now we have to wait until later.

lildebnmsgtboo
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM

We did an experiment the other day with milk soap and food coloring. The soap coagulates the milk and causes the food colring to move and change. They loved it. Also since we have year round summer here we have chalk and bubbles. I put them up sometimes though as they get bored with it and then a week or two later when I bring it back out its new all over again. Yesterday my 9 yr old and her girlfriend had a wonderful time for about 2 hours creating a limbo lei lei they made out of scraps and fake flowers. It was all their creation. We just provided the outdoor space and my girlfriend provided the crafts. They were so proud when they were done and it looked very fairy like for a limbo stick. Then they played limbo for about 15 minutes. The crafty part kept them busy much longer, which gave us mommy time :D

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM
When my kids were little we put up a shade cover and they spent hours with a paint brush and a coffee can of water ( no kidding) they painted on a wall, they practiced their letters, they drew around each other on the sidewalk then added hair and all! Then we d come in make root beer floats! I miss the non electronic summers! Now its nice to have them put up their ipods for a quite at the table
Ang4AU
by New sister on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Hey! SAHM here of two boys 7 and 12. 7 yr old invited to pool party and neighbor/friend. Would you leave your 7 yr old? Always nervous about this. Plus hoping to get some adult conversation time....

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Hi and welcome. You might want to start a separate post on this so everyone can see and respond to it.I'll wait until then to reply. Thanks!

Quoting Ang4AU:

Hey! SAHM here of two boys 7 and 12. 7 yr old invited to pool party and neighbor/friend. Would you leave your 7 yr old? Always nervous about this. Plus hoping to get some adult conversation time....

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Hi! Welcome to the group! My 7 year old swims very well..so yes I would, but that would only be if I could trust the adults that were at the home to be responsible as well.

Quoting Ang4AU:

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 15, 2013 at 5:47 AM

HOT HOT HOT today! LOVE IT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)