Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

farmer's markets - do you go?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

Do you go to a local farmer's market? 

How often?

Same one each time?

What sorts of things do you buy there?

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LocoCountryMama
by Loco Lori :) on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:49 PM
There's one a few minutes away from my house. I go but not very often. It starts at 8 am and most of the good stuff is gone by 9. I wish they had one for people who like to sleep in! But one of the nice parts of living in the country is that there are plenty of roadside stands too.
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I do and I buy my veggies. We have one every sat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM

When I get a chance...we also have this great grocery that has lots of wonderful produce and the largest selection for many miles around.

looneymom424
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Usually we dont go around here they sell higher rate than in the store and being on a fixed income makes it hard.
jett286
by BrewMisstress on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM

We have one each weekend from March until October....We make it out there once a month or so...I love to buy fresh veggies and fruit from local farmers...I think as the boys are getting more independent (18 1/2 & 16 1/2) and have lives of their own I'll be able to afford MORE of that stuff and get out more often..  When your filling hollow legs it can get kinda spendy...

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM
We have 3 farmer's markets in our town i go between 1-2 times a week. I love our markets, such a variety of everything. We grow our own garden, so.many different items we buy, if i don't go then dh and dd go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I don't go to any here, but used to go to one where I lived in California. I liked to buy the honey that came in straw like containers for my son, but just one at a time because they were a rush of sugar for him. I also loved to buy the bouquets and always have fresh flowers in my home. Oh and the fresh assortment of lettuce that made salads taste so much better.

valleymomma1
by Bronze sister on Jun. 21, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Yes sometimes.  

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:42 AM

they used to have one here in my city but it closed last year due to construction in the area..people couldn't get to it easily..

We do have 2 shops tho that sell local produce, honey and odds/ends that I tend to go to often as I can...soo yummy to have fresh local stuff...need to go this weekend!

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Yes i do, we have one down the block from my house i love it. I go at least 2 to 3 times a week. I buy all my vegetables, fruits and bread from there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN