Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Is It My Computer Or Do Others Experience This Same Problem?

Posted by   + Show Post
I cannot cut and paste anything, and in fact, the font I've chosen isn't working. I don't know what's happening with CM or if it's just on my end! UHG!I want to make posts but it won't let me.
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Thanks Jen. Some stupid download that my newest job required made AVG my default search engine, and I haven't been able to get rid of it.
Quoting sahlady:

the last couple of days my computer has been dumping me out of CM.  

But it could be just my computer..... my mom used my computer and (insert angry sigh here) she is such a flip'n child when it comes to her emails.  she forwards EVERYTHING, and opes EVERYTHING, and so do all her friends.  She down loaded a virus on to hubs computer and Im not sure if mine is about to die too.

She and her husband are so childish about certain things and email is one of them..... I almost want to tell her no when she is here, but she is here for 3 weeks each time.

PinkButterfly66
by Sister on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Have you tried doing a shut down and restarting?  

KRISTAL_WILDER
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

go to download.com and they have free antivirus and anitmalware free. Try Malwarebytes its my fav.

Quoting sahlady:

the last couple of days my computer has been dumping me out of CM.  

But it could be just my computer..... my mom used my computer and (insert angry sigh here) she is such a flip'n child when it comes to her emails.  she forwards EVERYTHING, and opes EVERYTHING, and so do all her friends.  She down loaded a virus on to hubs computer and Im not sure if mine is about to die too.

She and her husband are so childish about certain things and email is one of them..... I almost want to tell her no when she is here, but she is here for 3 weeks each time.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
CHROME use CHROME
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Yes. That is always my first course of action. Thanks!
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Have you tried doing a shut down and restarting?  

BL2010
by BL on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

That's been happening a lot this week to folks here on CM. What I did was do a reboot and that usually helps.

BL2010
by BL on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I use Firefox and have no problems.

Quoting Why123:

It might be your browser.  Firefox won't let me copy or past anything.  I don't have a problem with Internet Explorer though.

Manth
by Manth on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I use Google Chrome but it's picky about cut and paste.  Won't let me use my mouse to paste although ctrl + v pastes just fine.  It will let me use the mouse to cut, just not paste.  I still MUCH prefer it to IE though!

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:13 AM
One of my online jobs requires Firefox; the other requires IE. I generally use Firefox and control v; the problem I've had today is that CM won't accept control v. In fact, my signature purple font isn't working either.
Quoting Manth:

I use Google Chrome but it's picky about cut and paste.  Won't let me use my mouse to paste although ctrl + v pastes just fine.  It will let me use the mouse to cut, just not paste.  I still MUCH prefer it to IE though!

debj49
by Sister on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:43 AM
I had trouble with Internet explorer a few times lately and I couldn't do anything on my computer. I go through Fire Fox and Google Chrome when I have problems with it. We have them all because the kids need Google Chrome for school and MY DH needs Fire Fox for College.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)