Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Paula Deen

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 46 Replies
  • 929 Total Views
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I think she took that stick of butter, rubbed it on her foot and put her foot in her mouth! I know ppl in the public eye i up on a highier and someone is always waiting for a scandle or a fall from grace to happen! She survived all the stuff with her diabeties scandl i guess all but the foodnetwork jury is still out! But look at tiger woods now and what all he did!
babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM
6 moms liked this
Just my opinion here,
I know everyone has made a racial slur of some sort. since she is famous and high profile what she says will always get.media attention! Yes it was wrong, very wrong,she apologized more than once for it! I asked my
son-in-law what he thought ( he is black) his response was, the blacks, the hispanic, asians all make racial slurs about white people, but why is it that when white people say anything it is a outrage, ?? Yes it was very unprofessional and wrong but it didn't warrent a loss of her job! She knew she was wrong. What is fair for one should apply to all, so if a different race calls a white person a derogatory name they should have to get the same punishment. And it happens a lot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM
5 moms liked this

ugh what she did was in the past...she asked for forgiveness and has become a great woman to 'look up to'... I went to FN facebook and told them "off" lol.. It's not like any other chef they've got on their network has a 'past'to be ashamed of...

I am not going to watch that network any longer and if she is smart she will go over to Bravo and work with them now...

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting babynurse454:

Just my opinion here,
I know everyone has made a racial slur of some sort. since she is famous and high profile what she says will always get.media attention! Yes it was wrong, very wrong,she apologized more than once for it! I asked my
son-in-law what he thought ( he is black) his response was, the blacks, the hispanic, asians all make racial slurs about white people, but why is it that when white people say anything it is a outrage, ?? Yes it was very unprofessional and wrong but it didn't warrent a loss of her job! She knew she was wrong. What is fair for one should apply to all, so if a different race calls a white person a derogatory name they should have to get the same punishment. And it happens a lot!

My husband was working with these men who made racial slurs all the time and once they said something to my hub and he said he was offended that they were calling each other the N word. One asked why he was offended and my hub pulled out his phone and showed him a picture of two of our grandbabies and said because my babies are bi racial and I take offense to the way you all talk. They told him they didnt see him as a man with bi racial family.

How many songs do you hear with racial slur? How many get of them get pulled?

I think She shouldnt have been pulled from the FoodNetwork...

Oh by the way her show was suppose to come on this morning and they already replaced it with another.

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM
3 moms liked this

She was wrong to say the things she said, but she admitted it and apologized. If she learned from it, I would feel much more forgiving. I would not mind the severe punishment, but I'm sick of the double standard. I've been in public and heard black men using the n word like it is no big deal, but oh my gawd, someone white uses it and all hell breaks loose. What applies to one, should apply to all.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this...

Quoting babynurse454:

Just my opinion here,

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jun. 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL at this... What is a white man with bi-racial grandkids supposed to look like???

Quoting dana63:

My husband was working with these men who made racial slurs all the time and once they said something to my hub and he said he was offended that they were calling each other the N word. One asked why he was offended and my hub pulled out his phone and showed him a picture of two of our grandbabies and said because my babies are bi racial and I take offense to the way you all talk. They told him they didnt see him as a man with bi racial family.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jun. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I read this article. They had no choice but to let her go. Racism cannot be tolerated!

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

This saddens me...I am not sure what the true story is. Racial Slurs are not acceptable...if what she says is true and this happened years ago and she has learned from experience then that is old news. Many employer/employee relations can be bittter when they end. If it was a disgruntled emplyee making accusations then they may not be true. I am saddened to see her go because I did enjoy her down home Southern charm. We may never know the truth.

rzmamma
by Sharon on Jun. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I agree with you. It is sad because we will never know the truth.

Quoting rojastarr:

This saddens me...I am not sure what the true story is. Racial Slurs are not acceptable...if what she says is true and this happened years ago and she has learned from experience then that is old news. Many employer/employee relations can be bittter when they end. If it was a disgruntled emplyee making accusations then they may not be true. I am saddened to see her go because I did enjoy her down home Southern charm. We may never know the truth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN