Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

so are you a baby boomer?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 317 Total Views
So i just heard on the news that the cdc is recommending baby boomers especially women get tested for hep c? So those born between 1945 to 1965 are what they would like to see do this testing . When i looked for as to why they said how many adults maybe walking around and not know they have it? So are you one of these naby boomers and are you gonna run and get tested? I must be a hypocondract ( sp) as they say thos and i start to panic! So i think they should tell the drs so they can suggest it next time we are in for a appt and not have a newsman cause ppl insane like me to panic while watching the news, no i wont be running put to get this test, i have enough just trying to get in the mammo, pap, eye, dental, blood test etc that they altrady ask of me! Hugs
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I was born in 63 so I better run.. I will walk and wait for my next appt and ask...

looneymom424
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Guess I am not a boomer

Brooklynchic
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM
I am ...was born in 64..
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM

not me! but I guess if you've done things in your past it might be a good idea...

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Not a boomer...

Manth
by Manth on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:20 AM

I haven't heard any such recommendations (I'm in Australia so the CDC means nothing here).  I was born in 63.  However I've been tested for SO many things over the years due to my diabetes and other health concerns I suspect it would already have shown up (if only in 'odd outliers' for other health tests) if I had it.  Liver and kidney function are definitely tested several times a year and IIRC hep shows up in liver function.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I was born in 1960, and IDK how one contracts hep C, but my oldest sister passed away in 2011 from acute liver failure, cause unknown. So maybe I should take this seriously and have the test.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Why did they suggest it?

I'm not technically a boomer but hubs is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver sister on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Yeah I'm considered a baby boomer.  No not running out to get tested.

BL2010
by Just Me on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I'm a boomer but won't do anything unless one of my doctors suggests it. I know I had this done years ago when I worked at the hospital. Not sure how long it's good for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)