Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so are you a baby boomer?

Posted by   + Show Post
So i just heard on the news that the cdc is recommending baby boomers especially women get tested for hep c? So those born between 1945 to 1965 are what they would like to see do this testing . When i looked for as to why they said how many adults maybe walking around and not know they have it? So are you one of these naby boomers and are you gonna run and get tested? I must be a hypocondract ( sp) as they say thos and i start to panic! So i think they should tell the drs so they can suggest it next time we are in for a appt and not have a newsman cause ppl insane like me to panic while watching the news, no i wont be running put to get this test, i have enough just trying to get in the mammo, pap, eye, dental, blood test etc that they altrady ask of me! Hugs
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
JennaBea
by Silver sister on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I was born in 67 :)
mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Quoting JennaBea:

you youngin! Lol
L.A.F.outloud
by Bronze sister on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Born in 1963 I just hit the tail end of the baby  boom.  I don't know if I've ever been tested or not.  I think I have been at some point but I could be wrong.  I don't have any plans to go get tested.  I see my doctor fairly often because of diabetes etc and if she thought it was necessary she'd make sure the blood work was done.

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Quoting L.A.F.outloud:

Born in 1963 I just hit the tail end of the baby  boom.  I don't know if I've ever been tested or not.  I think I have been at some point but I could be wrong.  I don't have any plans to go get tested.  I see my doctor fairly often because of diabetes etc and if she thought it was necessary she'd make sure the blood work was done.

yes i am a 1965 baby i thought baby boom ended in 64, but they just pushed it on me now, yuck! Hope all is well with your diabetes, my mom had it so they are always testing me for it! Hugs
babyboomer1977
by New sister on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I am a baby boomer! I was born in 1957!  But I can not get tested for this because I am a cancer survivor and I went through chemo and radiaton therapy last year! My mom got hep c at the hospital during her last surgery!

And I have already had a lot of blood work done so I already know that I don't have hep c !

mom_dl6
by Miss Mary Belle on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM

NOPE i just think it's another way for them to line their pockets with $$$ that most just don't have.....And i find it to be a CROCK OF SNOTTY DIARRHEA............Just saying  :0)

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I am definitely a Boomer.  I didn't smoke or indulge in risky behavior back then.  If my doctor thinks I need it, then I will get it.

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM
No. I think i already had this test done. I wonder. How many of us have gotten vaccinated as an adult . Which vaccines did you get?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennaBea
by Silver sister on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I feel old, lol :)

Quoting mrgetinold:

Quoting JennaBea:

you youngin! Lol

catloveralways
by SpitFire :) on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I  am  definately a Boomer. I  am  not going to get it. I get enough tests and shots. [Flu, Shingles,& pneumonia]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)