Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Why Kim & Kanye named their baby North

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 333 Total Views

And no, apparently it wasn't just to fit neatly with her last name.

There's a meaning behind the moniker.

Why did Kim Kardashian and Kanye West name their newborn daughter North, you might just be wondering?

Don't worry, we are too.

So far, they're not saying anything, or releasing any details or photos — shocking, for the media-loving Kardashian family, which has been otherwise relentlessly hyping their E! show Keeping Up with the Kardashians and Kris Jenner's new talk show.

But information is leaking out via E! about the baby. Apparently, the parents are informing everyone that that, "North means highest power."

According to E!'s unnamed source, West and Kardashian "look at her as being their highest point together," says a source. "Nothing is more special than North. Kim keeps saying, 'She is our North Star.' "

In other news, Kardashian is home with her daughter. "The baby's doing great and happy and healthy, and it's a really joyful time," Kris Jenner told the Todayshow. But the media-savvy grandma wasn't sharing any baby photos. "I'd have to kill you if I showed you my cell phone," she quipped.

We smell a very lucrative photo deal in the works.

Speaking of, TMZ.com is reporting that Kardashian tested friends by sending out fake baby photos, to see if anyone would attempt to sell one.

All this is starting to be a bit too cloak and dagger. Compare the dramatic build-up to Channing Tatum and his wife, who simply posted a photo of daughter Everly online on Father's Day.

For those eager to learn more about Kardashian's pregnancy, watch it play out on this season of Keeping Up. The pregnant Kardashian cries a lot, calls West a lot, and worries about still being married to Kris Humphiries when her baby is born (thankfully, that was settled before the birth).

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes... Apparently this child's name is North West.... Ooookkkkkaaaaayyyyy!!!

looneymom424
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
That is just stupid to name your child that they get so ignorant...
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this

I heard that on the view. I'm sorry, but if you name your child something stupid, or too far off key; the CHILD will be the one who suffers!

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this

This is so bizarre. Does this mean they will continue to procreate until they've covered every direction on a compass?!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
That poor child!
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Now that's funny!!!

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting wishbearmom:

This is so bizarre. Does this mean they will continue to procreate until they've covered every direction on a compass?!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok I get the West (his last name) but I don't get the North...I mean yeah good meaning but really??

momto3B
by Sister on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

If these two went away and just took care of their family, would the world feel the loss of their presence? It is like watching a car accident over and over. 

coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Just waiting for their 15 minutes to be over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this

They are the stupidest parents ever, that baby is gonna get so much torture in school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN