Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

It Finally Arrived!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 275 Total Views
3 moms liked this
We have a fairly large veggie garden we have either 27 or 30 tomato plants, yesterday we picked our first red tomato :) ....Sorry no picture... .it was eaten so fast and not by me! Our garden is growing great. Im kind of like the wife on Green.Acres....lol....except not that dumb, or live in that house, Im more city than country. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILovemyPaulie
by Sister on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have had some red tomatos except my 2 year old picked off all the tiny new green ones that were growing this morning! LOL! It was her treasure of the day! Enjoy!

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Neat! I didn't plant my raised beds this year, just flowers in pots. I'm envious of your large garden!

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Our 11 year old d.d. and 7 year old grandson each have their own patio tomato plant, that they take care of. These plants are covered in large green cherry tomatoes, when they turn red they eat them so fast. We have 5 different types of tomatoes, we also have artichokes, peppers and pumpkins.

Quoting ILovemyPaulie:

I would have had some red tomatos except my 2 year old picked off all the tiny new green ones that were growing this morning! LOL! It was her treasure of the day! Enjoy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimberlynn
by Sister on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
We are in the process of growing, at least trying, tomatoes and cucumbers. If all goes well, I would love to try black eyes peas, green beans, lettuce, onions, and whatever else I can grow here. I grew up watching Green Acres! LOL! Good luck on y'all's garden!
Carrey802
by Sister on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to have a Tomato plant.  The tomatos came out so red and juicy.  Nothing like planting your own Tomato Plants!!

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jun. 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I would LOVE a garden...but I'd kill a plastic cactus.

daisybelle1960
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM
My tomatoes are rotting, before they can even mature. I'm not sure what is going on. They all look like they have a flat brown spot on the bottom portion of the tomato. I'm so aggravated!!
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

ooh tomatos home grown are the BEST

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL. I am picturing you with a pitch fork... lol

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I actually have a pitch fork! Maybe i should be out there in a gown and long diamond earrings :).

Quoting dana63:

LOL. I am picturing you with a pitch fork... lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)