Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Where Is The Ice Cream Truck

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 32 Replies
  • 334 Total Views
when you want it to show up? The last time it came through our neighborhood it was colder than all get-out, and yet I told Hannah she could get something, but the stupid driver actually sped away as we tried to run it down. Now it's 98 degrees, and Hannah's craving a creamsicle (I know we could buy them in the grocery store, but there's something special about building the childhood memory of visiting the ice cream truck - I did it as a kid and still have fond recollections). On a day like today they'd make a killing! Do they drive through your neighborhood?
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:18 PM

There is one in my neighborhood but I suspect he is high and/or drunk all the time. There is a house on our street the goes to nearly every day to smoke pot and drink. So I never get anything from that guy.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awful. I wouldn't let my kid within a mile of someone like that!
Quoting Bleacheddecay:

There is one in my neighborhood but I suspect he is high and/or drunk all the time. There is a house on our street the goes to nearly every day to smoke pot and drink. So I never get anything from that guy.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Not where we are now, but we used to have one come by ant our old shop location. It is special, hearing the music play and knowing the truck is on its way... 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't trust the ones that come around the neighborhoods here...they are old beat up vans that make me go 'hmmm'... but then I haven't seen one come into the apartment complex this year.

samomama
by Ms. Fair Weather on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Nooo, no, nooo! Not the ice cream track please! I live in a small town and that damn track can never move far away from me so I don't hear the same anoying high pitch sound. I am fine it doesn't show up this year at all! I am mean, ha? Buaaahhh!

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this

We have the Ding-a-Ling truck that is an ice cream/treat mobile and I love it! The lady who drives it, is SO nice and it brings back some nostagia of when I was a kid and would chase after the truck waving my money for it to stop. My kids also LOVE going out to greet her and its just a small home town thing.

ZsMommy
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

They do-well they usually do but haven't this year. Personally I'm not a fan of them-I get the "childhood memories" but to myself (and husband) it's a the perfect job for any perv who is a predator of children.

No thanks-we just get ours from the grocery store.

Brooklynchic
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:30 AM

yes they do come around every night..

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:43 AM
*shudder* I would never send my daughter after the truck without supervising her.
Quoting ZsMommy:

They do-well they usually do but haven't this year. Personally I'm not a fan of them-I get the "childhood memories" but to myself (and husband) it's a the perfect job for any perv who is a predator of children.

No thanks-we just get ours from the grocery store.

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM

You're lucky! We don't have ice cream trucks way up here. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN