Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

How well do you know your neighbors?!

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM
  • 29 Replies
  • 588 Total Views

This happened not far from me. A real life "Weeds." This suburban mom is being charged with running a multi million dollar pot selling operation. Does it make you wonder what your neighbors are up to? LOL

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7iU6u9JR0REA8UfBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTByMTNuNTZzBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=11ugsgl5o/EXP=1372793786/**http%3a//www.today.com/video/today/52105150/

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brooklynchic
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:09 AM

well i just moved here about 3 months agop, so dont know them that well... hi and goodbye  so far  which is fine with me....

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I know some of my neighbors only to say hi to them.

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I have lived here 18 yrs, some i know well and could go to them if i needed something, two their teens love nothing more then to get my ds in trouble so we dont really have anything to do with them, the guy next door wont pull his weeds, mow his grass and his dog is all over! So most though its sad we know enough not to be neighborly with! It would be nice to bake them cookies and take over to each one!
FlyingMommy747
by Bronze sister on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM

When we first bought our house, it was new from the builder.  There was one house that the builder sold to one of the drywall guys, and well he lived in what we called "The Munster House", and the scarry thing was it was directly across from the playground.  We all knew something was going on there, and eventually the Sheriff raided it, and threw everything on the front lawn, it was horrible because there were little kids there too.  I suspect it was drugs, but never found out the whole story.  It was back in the time when credit was easy to get, and they had no business selling a house to this guy, and BTW he did a lousy job doing the drywall, we had to have some of ours re-done luckily the house was still under warranty at the time.

Since then the house was bought by an older lady, who fixed it up and is very nice.

We have lived here for 12 years, and we know all of the original owners pretty well, along with a few of the newer ones.  But some I do not know at all.

CafeMom Tickers
daisybelle1960
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Our neighbors are family, so I guess we know them pretty well. LOL!
catloveralways
by SpitFire :) on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Basically just to say Hi!

Micawife
by Bronze sister on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:28 AM

My neighbors are family and we have lived next to each other for over 20 years.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Not really well, we've chatted with them a few times but we don't hang out or anything. 

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:00 PM

We know each other "well enough" that if we needed something like for them to watch the house or whatever we could ask them, but we are not "buddies" and we don't socialize outside of a neighborly hello and talk over the fence once in a while.

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM

We know a little about our neighbors mostly waving hi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN