Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sad news, looking for some insight...

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 417 Total Views

My sister passed away 3 weeks ago. She lived with me and my family. She was diagnosed with congestive heart faliure and denied treatment.

She had me convinced she had a cold, I knew it was worse but she wouldn't talk to any one. I found her having a seisure on the bathroom floor and had to call 911. She was in the hospital for 3 weeks in and out of the ICU. Once she denied treatment she only lived for a day and a half.

We had our differences. It was hard being newly married and living with your sister. Even my kids wonderd how it would work out, but I just couldn't ask her to leave. I knew something was odd about her health, and she had emotional issues. So I hoped it would just work out.

She was my younger sister. Only 45. Probably seems obvious but she didn't take good care of herself.

I miss her. 

Sorry this is a bummer post. Just wondering if anyone has some insight.

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brooklynchic
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM

im so sorry about your sister (((hugs))).. at least you know that you helped her and gave her a place to live and shared your family with her.. im sure she realized and appreciated it as well.. your a good big sis..!!  ((hugs))

butterflymeme
by The brand new Me (Me on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Sorry about your loss. I unfortunately don't have any insight about it. I had a brother who died 16 years ago but we didn't know each other well.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Sorry for your loss... I hav no insight. Just wanna let you know my heart is with you...

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Im sorry for your loss.
You tried to help... she knew she was sick and was the one who chose to deny treatment. She probably knew so much.more about her illness than you did and chose to go this way. Hold in your heart all the memories of her, talk about her with others, you are going to have good days and bad days, try and smile with her memories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by Sue on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. My oldest sister passed away 2 years ago. I don't have any insight, just a shoulder to cry on if you need one. ((HUGS!!!))

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:44 PM
3 moms liked this

I have no great words of wisdom, except this - everything happens for a reason.  I know that may sound stupid while you are going through this, but trust me when I say that, sometime down the road, a reason or lesson will come from this.

If nothing else, you showed your children that family sticks by eachother even when it isn't convenient.  You gave your sister a home and love and trusted your gut, when others might have turned her away.  Your kids will grow up with that lesson of family, love and dedication.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM

No insight here but his grandpa denied treatment when he had emphuaniza? he passed right after..so sorry for your loss they are their own bosses nothing you could do about it though...Hugs.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I'm so sorry. I don't have any insight but I'm sending hugs your way!

dancer
by Sister -lp on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM

i am so sorry for your loss.

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} You did what you could for her. I am so sorry for you loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)