Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Saw The Devil Standing In The Shade....

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 385 Total Views

He was fanning himself and drinking ice water 'cause even HE was hot here in Fresno!!  

lol

Yesterday we had a high of 111 degrees and 38% humidity.  Ugh!  That may not sound like high humidity to you, but here in central Cali we're used to dry heat, not this humidity crap!  It was so freakin' hot I couldn't even go outside and use the swimming pool 'cause it was too warm to enjoy!  My water was 85 degrees!  It was like taking a bath!  

Today we have more of the same heat.  It's currently 105 and supposed to get up to 110.  It's been in the 100 degree range for a week now.  It doesn't look like it's going to get cooler until late next week.  I'm gonna have a BIG electric bill at the end of the month from running my A.C.  But I'd rather pay the bill than be uncomfortable in this yucky heat.

Pass the ice water, ladies, it's gonna be a hot hot hot for awhile!

Goddess Johnnie 

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Holy that's hot for Fresno... I'd hate to be up in Sacramento area.... That was hot and I enjoy the heat but 20yrs ago 116 @5pm pst was too hot
momma4AJ
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:10 PM

i live in phoenix, az and this weekend alone we've been setting record temps... saturday was 119...

looneymom424
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I dont know where our heat went you can send us a bit.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Does Phoenix get humidity?  I remember going to Arizona as a kid for summer - we went camping and visiting family and I could not believe the heat.  Not just the heat but the ugly humidity that made it actually feel like it was difficult to breath!  I haven't been back since  lol

Quoting momma4AJ:

i live in phoenix, az and this weekend alone we've been setting record temps... saturday was 119...

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM

ice cream Holy crap! That's hot! Glad it doesn't get like that here, but we do get the higher humidity.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM

wishbearmom
by Sue on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Now THAT'S some serious heat!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM

ooh that's the kind of heat we have here ALL the time lol.. thank the dear lord we've only been in the 80's this week..wooohoo...

HUGS

momma4AJ
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:41 PM

sometimes we do, it all depends on what part of the summer... monsoon season yeah it can get pretty bad... but i'm use to it, i was born and raised here

Quoting GoddessJohnnie:

Does Phoenix get humidity?  I remember going to Arizona as a kid for summer - we went camping and visiting family and I could not believe the heat.  Not just the heat but the ugly humidity that made it actually feel like it was difficult to breath!  I haven't been back since  lol

Quoting momma4AJ:

Brooklynchic
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM

floating in pool

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)