Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What Are Your Plans For The 4th?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 208 Total Views

Actually I will be doing neither. Hannah has swimming lessons until 6, and my son works until 6 as well. Rach even twisted her new beau's arm into coming. I'm packing a picnic dinner, and we're headed to the big downtown park to hang out in a large crowd and watch fireworks choreographed to live symphony music over the river. I'm psyched!

What are YOUR plans for the 4th of July?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Have a day off work other than Sunday. Relax and do very little...

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds great to me!

Quoting ALolies:

Have a day off work other than Sunday. Relax and do very little...

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
We have the entire day and evening full of fun... friends, family...food, patriotic parade, park festivities and fireworks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM

It sounds fantastic!

Quoting babynurse454:

We have the entire day and evening full of fun... friends, family...food, patriotic parade, park festivities and fireworks.

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Not that! Hubby is working. Probably BBQ something when he gets home and go watch the fireworks if he's not to tired.

JennaBea
by Silver sister on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Cooking at home and relaxing :)

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jul. 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow your Rach's boyfriend is coming! Ooohh i am so waiting a update from you on this already! I am cooking today, red velvet cheesecake ( made it red, white and blue), mac salad, homemade tater salad, a strawberry, melon salad ( with a lemon sauce) and shaping up burgers for the 4th to take over to the in laws( mil wont eat chicken or brauts she is more picky now, then my kids are) cooking at their house then fireworks at the rec center! Happy 4th and hugs!
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I know, shocking isn't it? Your dinner sounds amazing. I'm making basic picnic food, BBQ chicken, potato salad, watermelon slices, chips and guacamole, and pre made s'mores

Quoting mrgetinold:

Wow your Rach's boyfriend is coming! Ooohh i am so waiting a update from you on this already! I am cooking today, red velvet cheesecake ( made it red, white and blue), mac salad, homemade tater salad, a strawberry, melon salad ( with a lemon sauce) and shaping up burgers for the 4th to take over to the in laws( mil wont eat chicken or brauts she is more picky now, then my kids are) cooking at their house then fireworks at the rec center! Happy 4th and hugs!
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jul. 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Happy 4th to you and your family!

Quoting mrgetinold:

alexgia
by Bronze sister on Jul. 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i have to work a few hours and am alone this week, so i will probably open a bottle of champagne, throw something on the bbq and hang out in the back yard with the hose.  everything is so dry with our record heat spell and the guys nextdoor from central america were already shooting off firecrackers last night(hopefullly it wasn't guns).  the biggest fireworks show in the county is about 1/2 mile from my house, so hopefully i can see it through the trees.  i know i will be able to hear the bands.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)