Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Why do men think that it's ok (please please no bashing on this)

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 327 Total Views

to hold on to me for 2 freakin' years as a "mistress" per say and then throw me away like I mean nothing? I know I've told you all this stupid story a bazillion times but he's chosen his wife (which I knew deep down but when it's thrown in your face it's a different story).  But he said at the end "I want us to be friends" Seriously?? How??  Does this man even think??  

He said that I had NO right to be angry, sad, etc because of this. What he doesnt' know (or he does but right now I don't care) is the depression that I have sunk into. My therapist wants me to come in 2x a week because I can't wrap my head around this. 

I didn't realize that I was disposable 

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Hugs Ppuff! You will come to grip with it and come out standing taller because of this!
Krisn4
by New sister on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

you don't want to be with someone who doesn't want you..this will help you get over him. You want your man to be proud your with him not the other way around. He is actually doing you a favor so you can find someone who will love you and only you! You need to remember that he isn't the only man in the world. You just haven't met yours yet . I hope this helps you. Keep us posted and remember your only love is out their waiting for just you!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:24 AM

hugs, but deep down you had to know this is the way it would end if he never divorced. 

You are a special person that needs to find a man that loves YOU!!  You will find that person one day...

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Regardless or not if your story is a fairy tale romance...or one others may not choose to be involved in...it doesn't take away that hurt that you are left with now that he's gone. I agree with krisn4...this was an eye opener and may open doors to someone who will love and appreciate you, for YOU.

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM

pain is pain matter why or how it got there...

HUGS.... 

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Sorry you are hurting. As for being "friends" you need to break totally free from him. No friends, no contact. We are here for you. Hugz!

momtoonein06
by Silver sister on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Some men don't think or they only think with their small head. Hes getting joy out of having two women in his life not THINKING (with his brain) of how this will turn out. Lesson learned here, move on break free from him, their is a better man out there who will want only you.
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Hugs..

I hate to say this my sister but in his mind you were a "throw away" woman because he knew he had his wife to fall back to. Dont allow him to get in your head and win.. Take this experince and turn it around and stand up tall and be free of him..  You win and let him lose.. Let his wife deal with him now and dont allow him back in your life...

earthmother399
by New sister on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

YOU aren't disposable. he made a choice. remember that you have a choice, too. you can chose to realize how incredible you are, and help yourself heal so that you can find someone who wants to be with you, and can appreciate you.

the feelings you have are valid, and you have every right to be hurt and angry. when you can, though, realize that he did you a favor, so that you can find someone who will commit to you completely, and give you everything you deserve. 

*hug*

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Believe me when I say you will get over it. It will be hard but you can do it. You are a strong and beautiful woman and will find a man who is going to love you and be there for YOU.

Some men don't care how they treat another person. I hate to say it, but to him you meant nothing. I can almost guarantee that he wants to still be friends only so when he gets the urge to have sex with someone other than his wife, he just assumes you'll be waiting and willing. PLEASE, I beg you, do NOT be that person for him. You have to let him go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN