Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

do you think this would cause family issues?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

My mom is cleaning out her basement, and to my knowledge this is the first time she has thrown things away since she moved back to IN in 1986!  Besides going THAT long with out cleaning, her parents died in the past 10 yrs and she has all of their things too!  So I keep getting emails asking me if i want this stuff.  Most of it should just get donated or thrown away.  Seriously, she had my grandmother's pony tail from when my grand-mother was a kid!  Yes, the actual hair!  Ewww.... who keeps that kind of stuff?

Well, she finally emailed me something that I thought was interesting enough to ask for.... my great-grandmother's temperance membership card!  I plan on matting it and framing it and hanging it in our bar!

Think this will cause issues with my great-grandmother's ghost?  Think she will come haunt us?

we are also asking for a couple of my grand-father's school books.

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I dont think so.. My mom gave me a big bag of letters and all from my great grandma and I framed a Western Union letter that was dated 1927..

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM

so, ya think Im safe from angry ghosts.... good!

Quoting dana63:

I dont think so.. My mom gave me a big bag of letters and all from my great grandma and I framed a Western Union letter that was dated 1927..

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Quoting sahlady:

so, ya think Im safe from angry ghosts.... good!

Quoting dana63:

I think you are safe.. I even have letters dated 1890 and other great stuff and if no angry ghost came to me then I am sure you are safe as well.... I love reading old letters... 

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM
You will be OK I think :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM
You will be OK I think :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jul. 4, 2013 at 7:06 PM

well just don't hang it over the bar/liqueur LOL

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I think it's GREAT that your mom at least asks you if you want that stuff. My mom gives or sells it without asking and that can be really hurtful, particularly when I've specifically told her I'd like something someday.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I don't know Jen.... She might haunt your mom once she realizes it could have been framed years ago...

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:10 AM

i decided a while back to just accept my moms stuff. then i divert it accordingly. i have found some interesting stuff. and lots of stuff that just gets donated. at least you have something actually valuable.

terri-553
by Terri on Jul. 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM

No all will be safe/well.lucky Girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)