Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Getting married soon ,

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 161 Total Views

I am getting married on august 3rd 2013 in just 23 days, and my maid of honor complains to me every time we talk about the cost of alterations to her dress and she has been  late 2 in a half hours late for meeting when we all get together. I had her come get her dress last nite hopeing she will get the alterations done , . She told me that her sister-in-law does wedding dresses and that she would do her's. It was 3 weeks before i collected the money for the dresses from everyone and I maded sure that they knew they had to pay for alterations also . They all said it was no problem..Now this is all I hear from her is complaining. She stood here and told me and showed me her new sandles from goodwill and went on and on about stuff...We had a little blow up and now I dont think she will get the dress alteration done. I haved asked her several times if she wanted to back out , she said no .So now I haved asked another friend to kindly take her place if she doesnt show -up. And the thing about it is  they dont like each other...and my maid of honor does not know it yet that I asked someone elas to take her place if she doesnt show - up , But the big deal is  if she does show up  "" how am I gonna explain  why girl number 4  is here...I also have  a partner for her too[[ girl number 4]] ...We are not talking to one another untill the wedding and she told me before she left with the dress that she will be bringing her daughters with her on rehearsal night when i haved asked them to not bring no childern.When we first got together  for the first meeting she called me up and said she just went by my place and was on way to the cities...later i called asking when she was coming , she said she was yard saleing and would be running late , well 2 in a half hours later she shows up ..She is always late for everything  , So how do I handle it if she is late the night before rehearsals..I feel like telling her That I dont want her in it than ...What do I do ...Than I am afraid that she will take me to court for   cost of the dress...

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I would set her down... Look her in the face and say.... Your fired as my MOH, not as my friend but my MOH. Harsh i know but.... If she really wanted to be IT, she would honor and respect your wishes. Make time for you.... If she is a true friend she would NOT take you to court for not fulfilling her duties as YOUR MOH!
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Oh and CONGRATS on your soon to be marriage
BL2010
by BL on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. This is supposed to be the happiest day of your life. Like Mary said, you need to sit her down and talk about it. If she's pulling all this crap, I would have already told her never mind. If it's not important enough for her then you don't need that aggravation. You can't really have someone else lined up just in case. She has agreed to be MOH and with that comes responsibilities. If she can't handle it and the cost, then she shouldn't have accepted.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Congrats on your upcoming marriage...

I always thought the MOH was suppose to be the one who makes sure everything goes smooth with you and your wedding. She is the one who goes beyond everyone and takes over. If she is late and is not helping you and make sure your day is special with no stress then I think you should just tell her that you thought she would be there for you and she is always late and she is adding to the stress. I would also cover the cost of the dress and take the dress and give it to your second choice and just have a great day..

yellowrose6145
by New sister on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Thanks ladies, I am just so stressed  over this , she has told me that she doesnt know what she is suppose to do  and I haved told her that i would love to have her help me with the flowers, to this day I haved done everything cause the others are out of town..I just dont think i care if she is in it any more or not...I haved seen her true colors and I dont like it  and the way she always talks to me .. But i am hanging in there...fiancee has helped, kinda funny watching him , but  alot of laughter for us both ... Thank - you ladies.

yellowrose6145
by New sister on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Thank-you , I haved sat her down and haved also tried to talk to her on the telephone also ...Nothing seems to work ...

yellowrose6145
by New sister on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I haved told her she shouldn't haved accepted the role as moh , if she doesnt think she can pay the cost of it ....But it was no problem  these last 3 months untill 5 weeks ago ...And it is getting to be to big of a headache for me to listen to her...So that was why I went ahead and got another women and if she is late  than she will be bounce to the bottom of the line....and not be my maid of honor...I have to move on and I am not gonna let this get the best of me ...Thanks ladies, I really needed the feedback on this.....thanks again

looneymom424
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Yea my son was getting married that day till the blow up with his future MIL...we are doing a budget wedding so stress about alterations...where what you got wedding.

Congrats on your wedding our is this weekend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN