Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

sorry

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 289 Total Views

im sorry ladies.. have kinda fallen off the face of the earth... been a rough few weeks.... I hope I can pull out of this...

My dad had his cancer surgery, had some rough patches with him, but today the DR told my mom that he is doing great, healing faster than they predicted. They still ahve the cancer in the thyroid to deal with, but they had to deal with the important one first.. not that its not... but the colon rectal, pancerous and liver came frist....

I went back to KS to see my dad the day after he got out of hospital from his week long stay after surgery.... Im so glad I was there, he had a rough 4 days after getting home and my mom needed me to be there... I did so much for her... there are times I jsut want to pull her hair out.. but during all this, I have gotten to see a side of her she never showed us as kids... The trip was to see my dad, but while there my Uncle, the one that got sick around the same time my dad did, died... he had a heart attack.. it was so sad, becasue he was just at the DRs and they told him he was doing great and was gonna bet the battle with cancer as well since we had caught it early... UGH... he was a special man, never a time he wasnt going beyond the call of duty to do something special for someone... leaves a big hole for all of us...

My boss of course was a big POOP head durning all this... BUT.... I decided I would give her my notice.. ahhh that felt so good...

SO ladies.. I just what to thank everyone all you.. my parents, my kids my husband... my friends.. everyone for giving me strength to do it...  I have every thing I need.. my house, my family,food (ok not always, but at least I make sure my kids eat)....

Anyway.. I did get a call today and accepted a position with the state.. HOW exciting is that?? I got a new job and I cant wait.... HOPE I excel at it and can move throught he ladder...

Things are really Good!!! Oh So GOOD!!!

My family!!

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brooklynchic
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:57 AM

hey girl!!  im so sorry about your uncle  hugs!!!   glad dad is doing better and you and mom got along... its so hard in times like these!!  your family is in my thoughts and prayers   xo

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss and glad to hear dad is doing good. Come in when you can, we will leave the light on for you.. Hugs to you and your family.. Thoughts and prayers~~

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Jul. 13, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

wow when it rains it pours! HUGS... I hope your new job is just what you need... Maybe this is a turning point and things are going up.

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Im sorry about your uncle, I lost my favorite uncle in january.
On a positive note it sounds like your dad is doing great! So glad you were there for your parents! I hope your dad continues to get better :)
HUGS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Glad you had a minute to stop in. I am thankful your dad is doing better. Sorry about your Uncle. 
Too bad for your Doodie Head EX boss. They lost a good employee. Congrats on the new job...

Hugz! 

looneymom424
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM

My hubbys uncle did the same thing..so sorry for your loss...glad you were there to be with your mom and dad glad he is okay

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM

HUGS!!!!

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Wow...what a roller coaster ride you have been on!!!! I wish you well in your new job and continued prayers for your father and family.

crazynut
by Bronze sister on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

thank you all.... I start the 24th... So I should be able to play for awhile... Im gonna spend some time with the children...

alexgia
by Silver sister on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:34 PM

glad to here about the new job.  hope things are better for you and yoor beautiful family!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN