Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Perplexed...,

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 22 Replies
  • 370 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Why is it that I make a point to thank my husband for not only NOTICING that we are out of toilet paper, but actually replenishing out supply, or telling my teenage son he did a great job at a task and thank him for it ( even though, I have to resweep while he is engrossed in a video game, because for some odd reason, that isn't a skill practicing is fixing)

If we are to teach by example, why o why when I get DH a new shirt that i know he positively will love ( and does b/c it's in the laundry weekly) or teens fav ( expensive) chips must I really stand there and say in a sing song voice " ThAnK yOU, mOm/ dEaR!" To have them repeat it???

Positive attention to get a result must only exist in animals lower than us, because men/ up and coming men? Clueless!

My ADHD 80 dog was easier to train! Mom says
" sit-stay" I get thank you treats! I give her my submissive stance or nose touch as a thank you!belly as a thank you! See? SHE understands appreciation!

Boys to men ? Uhhhh until I sing song the appropriate phrase does not come!!!
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry. If I could explain male behavior maybe I wouldn't be single : (

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this
If you find a answer please share it!
When my dh helps me he expects me to praise him and I do the same chore and get nothing! ,MALES!! ,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze sister on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Hahahaha! Well, it took a long time for me to find mine and he was raised " right" but those freakin thank yous! Gah! From both of em!

I get them from my three yr old son, but apparently as they age, manners drop out through their ears!!

Quoting wishbearmom:

I am so sorry. If I could explain male behavior maybe I wouldn't be single : (

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze sister on Jul. 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
IKR?! Guess because we'll do it anyway, but they must have an " atta boy" or they won't help again?

Quoting babynurse454:

If you find a answer please share it!

When my dh helps me he expects me to praise him and I do the same chore and get nothing! ,MALES!! ,

ALolies
by 'Lil Feather' H.A. on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

My hubby and DS say thank you for even the small things I do...

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM

ahh men/boys are a strange breed.... HUGS

looneymom424
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I am always the one to put out toilet paper and there are alot of people here
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze sister on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM
You are blessed! I've raised raised our children to say thank you as their father was raised with courteous behavior... But they slip into the "uhhhh"... Way fast !

Quoting ALolies:

ALolies
by 'Lil Feather' H.A. on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Give consequences... If you are handing something to them, don't let go til you get your thank you. It wan't take long for them to get the hint. If they start slipping again, do it again...

And Yes!!! I am very blessed. 

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

You are blessed! I've raised raised our children to say thank you as their father was raised with courteous behavior... But they slip into the "uhhhh"... Way fast !

Quoting ALolies:

Fayanne
by Fay on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM

the guy I'm dating, when we first started dating, was rather perplexed when I would thank him for things, any little thing. He said it wasn't necessary, and I said that it was. It shows my appreciation. He know thanks me for little things, too. So.. keep it up. I would think it would pay off eventually, BUT, give sincere thank yous, and if a sweep job isn't good enough to be done, it's not good enough for a thank you. Make him do it right or do it over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)