Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids with attitudes...

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 474 Total Views

I am a very free spirited mom and open minded, but I can't stand kids with attitudes. I am quick to smack my kids across the mouth if they get mouthy with me. My kids are older now and they know I'm still quick with the hand. I have seen kids yell, kick and even push their mothers and I just want to whoop their little ass. Kids have to understand that, "WE ARE THE PARENTS NOT THEM"!!!! Nowadays parents are just letting kids rule their household because they are scared of 911 or child protective services. Let me tell you if I have to go to jail for smacking my kid then I'm going in with a smile, because I will be damned if that child will take over my duty as a MOM. Whenever I see my sister or friends kid raise their voice or hand at them I tell them you better show that child who the parent is. How do you feel about this matter??? I'm not promoting spanking or hitting just respect as a parent.

Name animation - Carmen - Sparkles

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:32 AM

When I see such behavior, I want to smack the parents.... The children behave as the are allowed.... I always told my kids, if you call protective services, you're gonna need them.... Lol. We never had issues with our kids bullying or back talking us.... They just knew better...

lucky2Beeme
by Gold sister on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:33 AM

My children respect both DH and I. We taught them very early on(and continued) whats acceptable way to talk and act towards people. I believe that for children to respect us we need to respect them. I strongly disagree with smacking your kids anywhere. You can raise respectful children without hitting them.

Carmen66
by Carmen - Hot Latina on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe you can raise kids to be respectful, but sometimes kids get out of hand once and need a good smack.

daisybelle1960
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this
My mother used to smack me and my sisters in the mouth, and I vowed that I would never do that to my children; and I never did. They did, however; get spankings if they were misbehaving. My kids were always respectful, and I never saw it necessary to slap them in the face.
Carmen66
by Carmen - Hot Latina on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I never beat my kids, but i smacked my daughter once in the mouth never in the face for disrespecting me and she was about 15. I just don't like the way kids nowadays talk back to their parents.

Quoting daisybelle1960:

My mother used to smack me and my sisters in the mouth, and I vowed that I would never do that to my children; and I never did. They did, however; get spankings if they were misbehaving. My kids were always respectful, and I never saw it necessary to slap them in the face.

Name animation - Carmen - Sparkles

wishbearmom
by Sue on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't smack my kids, but I absolutely do not tolerate attitude. When Han started talking to me like I was a moron I blocked the Disney channel and told her why. They promote the mindset that kids know everything and adults are easily manipulated and don't deserve respect. We had a loong chat about respect, tone of voice, and how to treat Mom and all adults. She earned the channel back eventually, but whenever she tries to give me a 'tude I don't put up with it. The last time it happened we were having a lovely day at the park. We'd just eaten lunch and went to the play equipment. She was fine, and then all of a sudden something snapped and she turned into monster kid. I told her to look at me and keep her mouth shut. I was going to talk and she was going to listen. I ended the lecture with, "I'm not having fun. You're not having fun. It's time to go home." And I didn't speak to her in the car at all on the way home. Message received!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I told mine if they talked to me the way I heard other kids talk to their parents, they'd be whisteling everything, as they wouldn't have teeth. Fortunately, for the most part they were pretty respectful even when we fought.

Once I spanked my dd with a belt (just a couple of swats), but cps got involved in our lives because of her behavior back then. They were ready to throw the book at me, then I brought in all my crushed soda cans that were made into pot pipes and the note she had written to someone about stealing my rent money. It was scary to have cps, but if your child gets so out of hand that respectful talking doesn't sink in, you might have to go to extreme measures to let them know that you aren't their friend and you will keep them in line. Now my dd is someone that I not only love, but absolutely respect and would like her very much, even if she were not my dd.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold sister on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Quoting Carmen66:

I believe you can raise kids to be respectful, but sometimes kids get out of hand once and need a good smack.

You could take away privileges and get the same results.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

ashleighmama
by Ash on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a 14 year old son and an almost 9 year old son. For the most part, they are respectful. I HAVE slapped them both in the mouth before for spewing out the ,mouth at me, probably only one time for each kid, and it sure got their attention. With my 14 year old, maybe about a year or 2 ago, he was smart mouthing at me and I tried to pop him in the mouth, but he was too fast and moved out of the way too fats. He was shocked that i even tried, needless to say, I haven't had that problem with him sense. Jmo.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont feel bad about smacking stacy on the butt for her attitude

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)