Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

YOU WILLNOT BELIEVE THIS!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  • 78 Replies
  • 1109 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Is everybody shallow?  99% of the jobs I go for want a pic of your head and your body!  Damn!!!  It is all about looks!  Forget the fact they are dumber then a box of rocks!  McDonalds hires people based on their looks!  Forget the fact that they passed over a family man that really needs the job even though it pays minimum!  They chose the brainless,big boobed tight jean wearing,skinny teenager!!!!  I don't get it!!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM

They are not choosing to skip over someone who needs a job. I think you may be reading too much into something. Sounds like whoever is qualified at the time.

dancer
by Sister -lp on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Trust me on this,that is exactly what is happening.

Quoting Mariagma3:

They are not choosing to skip over someone who needs a job. I think you may be reading too much into something. Sounds like whoever is qualified at the time.

dancer
by Sister -lp on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM

yeah,me too!

Quoting ALolies:

Sorry

catloveralways
by SpitFire :) on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this

It's  probably age. There is alot of age discrimination out there. My sister has been looking for work for 9 months. And put out 350 apps. They interview her on the phone. And say they have a spot for her. They want to meet her. She goes in. And thats all.She will either get ignored. Or if she calls they hired someone else. It is clearly age. {She is 54]

dancer
by Sister -lp on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Since when are 40s' and 50s' the new 70s'?

Quoting catloveralways:

It's  probably age. There is alot of age discrimination out there. My sister has been looking for work for 9 months. And put out 350 apps. They interview her on the phone. And say they have a spot for her. They want to meet her. She goes in. And thats all.She will either get ignored. Or if she calls they hired someone else. It is clearly age. {She is 54]

OkieMom2673
by New sister on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this
You haven't been to our macdonalds. Most of the petiole are not young or cute.
dancer
by Sister -lp on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM

The ones around here they are. I have three by me.  I live in Illinois. Where do you live?

Quoting OkieMom2673:

You haven't been to our macdonalds. Most of the petiole are not young or cute.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM
3 moms liked this

I was just in a McDonalds yesterday and they have a mixture of male, females and younger to older. As a matter of fact when I was getting my moms drink a older woman waited on me and she was very sweet. I have a McDonalds by my house and we take the kids up there for a .50 cent ice cream and to play in playland and the manager is older and so is most of the staff..

I know most places look at experience while others look for education. But I know for a fact that if they hire blond hair blue eyes busty woman who didnt know her ass from a hole in the wall against a woman is was not so pretty and flat chested but had experience they could get sued for discrimination.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM
6 moms liked this

Are they specifically asking for a picture? I find this hard to believe because if they do not hire a somewhat diverse workforce they will likely be sued by those who are in protected classifications, such as workers over 40 years of age, or different ethnic groups. Looks would need to be a bona fide occupational qualification, such as a runway or print model. My background is in HR and this just seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN