Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Speaking of crying....

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 372 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Do you cry easily? Do you cry when you are happy as well as sad or are you more apt to cry in once case over another? The reason I ask is because I'm really NOT a crier. As a young child I was ridiculed for crying (by my parents) and was told if I cried they would give me something to cry about. I learned to stifle my tears and show little emotions. I seldom really CRY even when something horrific happens. It's not that I don't feel the pain, grief, but I just don't cry. On the contrary...when something touches my soft spot (usually has to do with kids) or when something is very sentimental or a very warm and generous gesture is made...I cry like a baby. So I guess I'm a happy crier...not a sad crier. What about you?

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I cry pretty easily, but I wasn't allowed to cry in front of my ex husband, so I'd turn on the shower or go for a walk and cry in secret. It happened a lot.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I cry when stuff happens to my kids or my family...I dont cry at movies or things on the internet.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I am a cryer... Happy or sad... Or for no reason at all... Some commercials make me cry like a baby... Music makes me cry... Movies make me cry...

I am just a big ole crybaby!!! LOL

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay...you heard it ladies...ANGIE IS A CRY BABY!! shouting

Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I didn't used to cry a lot but I will tear up at just about anything now.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Yes and no depending on the situation....

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I cry at the mushy coffee commercials.

Happy or sad or whatever I cry.

firelites
by Anne on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I 'll give you something to cry about, I heard that a few time when I was a kid, I done my share of tears from time to time

samomama
by Ms. Fair Weather on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a crier. Happy and sad :) It is hard for me to hold back the tears, they just start rolling as soon as I get happy or sad. I am amazed that I am not dehydrated yet. LOL!

deesam
by Twins on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I never use to cry, we weren't allowed as children to cry. Our parents would punish us if we did. And since they were alcoholics it was bad.

But since getting cancer I cry all the time when I'm happy sad mad my husband can't stand it. It doesn't help with all the medications I still take.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)