Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Glasses

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 130 Replies
  • 1112 Total Views

Do you wear them? 

Do you need them just to read?

Have you gone to bifocals yet?

I wear them couldnt do without them I have bifocals...Let me talk to you about them.

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I use them when Im on my computer.......I had corrective surgery about 6 years ago.....lens implants....I was legally blind.....now I see better than 20/20 ..except the eye surgeon told me to use glasses to  use the computer or if Im reading alot......

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I would love to have surgery to get it fixed but cant afford it and scared of it...
Quoting babynurse454:

I use them when Im on my computer.......I had corrective surgery about 6 years ago.....lens implants....I was legally blind.....now I see better than 20/20 ..except the eye surgeon told me to use glasses to  use the computer or if Im reading alot......

firelites
by Anne on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I wear them daily and have prescription sun glasses for driving

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this

sunglasses mini

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I started out with readers and as an older lady I have bi-focals...The first set made me so dizzy and the vertigo was soooooo bad...The second pair were like dawn I could see everything and there was no line bifocals so I could keep my focus as well as balance

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I thought about getting those for driving but I found sunglasses that work with my glasses for now. I have to wear them or I dont see are you that bad I am both near and far sighted.
Quoting firelites:

I wear them daily and have prescription sun glasses for driving

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM

There was nothing at all to be scared of....mine was not lasik......our medical insurance took care of it since it was needed......they did one eye.......then I had to wait 2 weeks and had the other eye done....If you are able to ever have it .....check into the best eye clinics not some place advertising cheap lasik.......Mine was done at a Eye Surgery Center...that is all they do.......Really do your homework when looking for a place..........

Quoting looneymom424:

I would love to have surgery to get it fixed but cant afford it and scared of it...
Quoting babynurse454:

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I wish mine were readers to begin with I started out daily use then bifocals it was horrible with the line but couldnt afford new ones...I have better ones now no line also I think they rethought the line on most of them.
Quoting hau_siyoka:

I started out with readers and as an older lady I have bi-focals...The first set made me so dizzy and the vertigo was soooooo bad...The second pair were like dawn I could see everything and there was no line bifocals so I could keep my focus as well as balance

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I am just chicken to get it done I have enough pain I dont do well with surgeries something always happens so I might never get it done.
Quoting babynurse454:

There was nothing at all to be scared of....mine was not lasik......our medical insurance took care of it since it was needed......they did one eye.......then I had to wait 2 weeks and had the other eye done....If you are able to ever have it .....check into the best eye clinics not some place advertising cheap lasik.......Mine was done at a Eye Surgery Center...that is all they do.......Really do your homework when looking for a place..........

Quoting looneymom424:

Quoting babynurse454:

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I told the opto person that the line is distractive to my vision because it would make my eyes focus on the line and drop to the readers and I would be crashing all over the place lol  So he laughed and I showed him my brusies and he said come back next week I'll have something for you then.....I went back and he took my old glassed and put the new no line version and he said it was his gift to me so I would stop falling....

There are a whole bunch of fix its out there but the whole process scares me so I'll stick with my glasses...lol

Quoting looneymom424:

I wish mine were readers to begin with I started out daily use then bifocals it was horrible with the line but couldnt afford new ones...I have better ones now no line also I think they rethought the line on most of them.
Quoting hau_siyoka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)