Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you wear them? 

Do you need them just to read?

Have you gone to bifocals yet?

I wear them couldnt do without them I have bifocals...Let me talk to you about them.

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Me too scared to death of doing anything anymore...

Quoting hau_siyoka:

I told the opto person that the line is distractive to my vision because it would make my eyes focus on the line and drop to the readers and I would be crashing all over the place lol  So he laughed and I showed him my brusies and he said come back next week I'll have something for you then.....I went back and he took my old glassed and put the new no line version and he said it was his gift to me so I would stop falling....

There are a whole bunch of fix its out there but the whole process scares me so I'll stick with my glasses...lol

Quoting looneymom424:

I wish mine were readers to begin with I started out daily use then bifocals it was horrible with the line but couldnt afford new ones...I have better ones now no line also I think they rethought the line on most of them.
Quoting hau_siyoka:

I started out with readers and as an older lady I have bi-focals...The first set made me so dizzy and the vertigo was soooooo bad...The second pair were like dawn I could see everything and there was no line bifocals so I could keep my focus as well as balance

mjgm1966
by Bronze sister on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I need glasses to read or see anything up close.  But, I had a horrible habit of laying them down--forgetting where I put them. Never had them when I needed them.  SO, my solution....I wear a contact in one eye for seeing up close.  Love it!  Solved my problem.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I have tri focals but I need them for various distance vision like driving, watching TV or looking at my lap top and I take them off to read.

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I do wear glasses, however Lasik surgery will not completely alleviate all of my needed corrections. Most of them but not all. Plus hubby made the mistake of "sharing" his laser video with me way back when. Ugh...

My husband had PRK about 15 years ago. He wasn't a candidate for Lasik because he has weak eye walls. He was what some would consider blind without corrective lenses. He was told the best they were going to be able to give him was 30/40 correction.

They actually were able to give him 20/20. They sent multiples of floral bouquets after his surgery. All the doctors were extremely impressed with his outcome.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:26 PM

That is a great idea I need to suggest that to my hubby he is always forgetting his so I have to read everything for him.  

Quoting mjgm1966:

I need glasses to read or see anything up close.  But, I had a horrible habit of laying them down--forgetting where I put them. Never had them when I needed them.  SO, my solution....I wear a contact in one eye for seeing up close.  Love it!  Solved my problem.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:28 PM
What are tri focals I have never heard of them....I never take mine off except to sleep...or shower...
Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I have tri focals but I need them for various distance vision like driving, watching TV or looking at my lap top and I take them off to read.

mjgm1966
by Bronze sister on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I always had to get someone to read the menu for me in the restaurants. And my arms were never long enough to see pictures someone was trying to show me.  :)  I really didn't think I would like it.  But, it's so convenient.  I only have to change it out once a month. Super easy.

Quoting looneymom424:

That is a great idea I need to suggest that to my hubby he is always forgetting his so I have to read everything for him.  

Quoting mjgm1966:

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:33 PM

They never said weather or not it would correct mine.  Wow that is impressive about your hubby they really made him 20/20?  I am blind without my glasses cant drive or anything without

Quoting rosebud727:

I do wear glasses, however Lasik surgery will not completely alleviate all of my needed corrections. Most of them but not all. Plus hubby made the mistake of "sharing" his laser video with me way back when. Ugh...

My husband had PRK about 15 years ago. He wasn't a candidate for Lasik because he has weak eye walls. He was what some would consider blind without corrective lenses. He was told the best they were going to be able to give him was 30/40 correction.

They actually were able to give him 20/20. They sent multiples of floral bouquets after his surgery. All the doctors were extremely impressed with his outcome.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM

So it doesnt distract you that you only have one in?  I would be so distracted that way but that is me...he cant read unless he wears the glasses which can be bought over the counter actually...

Quoting mjgm1966:

I always had to get someone to read the menu for me in the restaurants. And my arms were never long enough to see pictures someone was trying to show me.  :)  I really didn't think I would like it.  But, it's so convenient.  I only have to change it out once a month. Super easy.

Quoting looneymom424:

Quoting mjgm1966:

Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I do need them all the time, I'm not to bifocals yet. I've been wearing them since sixth grade and oddly... My astigmatism continues to improve, yet my all over eyesight has gotten worse with age. Eyes are funny.

They tell me my three yr old ( glasses since 15 months) will probably be out of them by ten/ eleven
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN