Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you wear them? 

Do you need them just to read?

Have you gone to bifocals yet?

I wear them couldnt do without them I have bifocals...Let me talk to you about them.

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (121-130):
25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I( have bifocals. but cannot read with them. My vision is far from 20/20.. still much better than not having glasses! No glasses gives no faces on people, just blank heads.

kity-bity
by Sister on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I wear glasses while watching tv or when i am going out.
looneymom424
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Wow I cant believe an eye doctor would prescribe to you glasses that you dont need talk about greedy...Hopefully you can get a better eye doctor this time my hubby uses reader glasses instead of going to the doctor.

Quoting rescuekim:

This has been interesting and informative.  I had my first eye exam in my early 40s just because it seemed like I 'should'.  The eye dr said, "Ma'am, even corrected, I'll never be able to see as well as you do."  So that was good news but by the time I was 50, I started using readers.  I am now 57 and up to 2.5 to 2.75 strength so I imagine that a trip to the eye dr again is in order.  I did once go to an eye dr 5 or 6 years ago who was recommeded by a friend at work.  I ended up with $400 trifocals.  I couldn't see a thing, although I kept trying to get used to them.  It was awful.  Six months later, I donated my glasses to the Lion's Club and went back to readers which serve me just fine.  Plus, they are cheap enough that I have a pair in the car, a pair in the kitchen, a pair in my bedroom, etc.  I just know that there are other boomers out there who can relate to that little scenario!  Anyhow, after reading this, I know that when I go to the eye dr again, to get transition lenses and no line bifocals.  By the way, when I complained that I wasn't so keen on that eye dr to my friend who recommended him, she asked, "Really?  You don't think he's hot?"  Jeez!

looneymom424
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM

My hubby is like that only he doesnt shave his legs.  I need mine for everything...

Quoting wishbearmom:

I wear reading glasses, and anymore I can barely function without them. I need them for texting, reading prices in the store, following a recipe or reading package instructions, pretty much anything up close. I even need them to shave my legs to make sure I don't miss places  : p

looneymom424
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Sometimes I cant read with mine depends on how much sleep I get...

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

I( have bifocals. but cannot read with them. My vision is far from 20/20.. still much better than not having glasses! No glasses gives no faces on people, just blank heads.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I wish I could take mine off to do things when I bend over they fall off sometimes...I cant even clean without them.

Quoting kity-bity:

I wear glasses while watching tv or when i am going out.

k1kelley
by Kim on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I have worn glasses since I was 14 or so. I am 45 now and I am beginning to need the bifocals.

cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I've been wearing glasses since I was 7, I'm in trifocals.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Just make sure they have no lines those make you so sick to go back and forth with
Quoting k1kelley:

I have worn glasses since I was 14 or so. I am 45 now and I am beginning to need the bifocals.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I still dont know how they make trifocals but it is probably because I have a headache today
Quoting cjcharlie1959:

I've been wearing glasses since I was 7, I'm in trifocals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN