Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you wear them? 

Do you need them just to read?

Have you gone to bifocals yet?

I wear them couldnt do without them I have bifocals...Let me talk to you about them.

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow I wish I could do that...I would love to go without them

Quoting ALolies:

My far perscription is not nearly as strong as my near one. I can see in a distance, it's just fuzzy at times... But up close things are fuzzy, small and gray without my glasses...

Quoting looneymom424:

Okay you dont need glasses all the time. I cant watch TV without mine...I wish I could go to reading glasses only...how did you change them out.
Quoting ALolies:

I got bifocals a few years ago. The prescription is old. Now I just use reading glasses... Stronger than my perscription.

Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Maybe the Tiny Tyrant will have them his whole life. But his issue is Amyopic ( he sees better cross eyed without the glasses) his glasses are SUPPOSED to kind of work like braces from what I understand. Every lens changes the focus little by little until hopefully his eyes are seeing straight without the glasses. Plenty of time to tell, he's so used to them now, he'll never care if he has to wear them. Interestingly enough, he gets TONS of positive attention while out and about because of the glasses. Haha!
Now I ask you, how many times have you been stopped and talked to with a bright smile because you had glasses on :-D

Quoting looneymom424:

Your lucky about the bifocals I needed them when I was 35 they said the same about my eyes they have gotten better but I see worse.  None of my kids ever outgrew their glasses...both my oldest children wear them...my youngest has never needed them

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

I do need them all the time, I'm not to bifocals yet. I've been wearing them since sixth grade and oddly... My astigmatism continues to improve, yet my all over eyesight has gotten worse with age. Eyes are funny.

They tell me my three yr old ( glasses since 15 months) will probably be out of them by ten/ eleven

Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Here's the Tiny Tyrant, btw
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:56 PM

One is for driving distance. One for TV and Computer distance and one for close up reading which I can't get used to using.

Quoting looneymom424:

What are tri focals I have never heard of them....I never take mine off except to sleep...or shower...
Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I have tri focals but I need them for various distance vision like driving, watching TV or looking at my lap top and I take them off to read.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:01 PM

He is such a sweet looking child no wonder they stop and talk to him...

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

Mobile Photo

Here's the Tiny Tyrant, btw

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM

He couldn't see 4 inches in front of his face. Yes, true story.

Quoting looneymom424:

They never said weather or not it would correct mine.  Wow that is impressive about your hubby they really made him 20/20?  I am blind without my glasses cant drive or anything without

Quoting rosebud727:

I do wear glasses, however Lasik surgery will not completely alleviate all of my needed corrections. Most of them but not all. Plus hubby made the mistake of "sharing" his laser video with me way back when. Ugh...

My husband had PRK about 15 years ago. He wasn't a candidate for Lasik because he has weak eye walls. He was what some would consider blind without corrective lenses. He was told the best they were going to be able to give him was 30/40 correction.

They actually were able to give him 20/20. They sent multiples of floral bouquets after his surgery. All the doctors were extremely impressed with his outcome.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like what I need I have to take mine off sometimes to read real small text...
Quoting Bleacheddecay:

One is for driving distance. One for TV and Computer distance and one for close up reading which I can't get used to using.

Quoting looneymom424:

What are tri focals I have never heard of them....I never take mine off except to sleep...or shower...
Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I have tri focals but I need them for various distance vision like driving, watching TV or looking at my lap top and I take them off to read.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Wow I wish they would fix mine that way...I am too scared to go ask...
Quoting rosebud727:

Quoting looneymom424:

They never said weather or not it would correct mine.  Wow that is impressive about your hubby they really made him 20/20?  I am blind without my glasses cant drive or anything without

Quoting rosebud727:

I do wear glasses, however Lasik surgery will not completely alleviate all of my needed corrections. Most of them but not all. Plus hubby made the mistake of "sharing" his laser video with me way back when. Ugh...

My husband had PRK about 15 years ago. He wasn't a candidate for Lasik because he has weak eye walls. He was what some would consider blind without corrective lenses. He was told the best they were going to be able to give him was 30/40 correction.

They actually were able to give him 20/20. They sent multiples of floral bouquets after his surgery. All the doctors were extremely impressed with his outcome.

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

It's all who you see for an optometrist and the measurements that are given to the laser eye center when the surgery is performed.

I am a firm believer you get what you pay for.

Quoting looneymom424:

Wow I wish they would fix mine that way...I am too scared to go ask...
Quoting rosebud727:

Quoting looneymom424:

Quoting rosebud727:

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I have bi focals - the no line kind due to vertigo. I've had them for a few years. Need them for anything/everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN