Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you wear them? 

Do you need them just to read?

Have you gone to bifocals yet?

I wear them couldnt do without them I have bifocals...Let me talk to you about them.

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (41-50):
Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM
He is a DREAM in public, hahahaha!
Thank you

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

Mobile Photo

Here's the Tiny Tyrant, btw

sunflower37
by Lee Lee on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I wear glasses everyday and just recently went to bifocals.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I've worn glasses since I was a teenager. I have nearsightedness and astigmatism. I don't wear glasses when reading.

mjgm1966
by Bronze sister on Jul. 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM

No. It really doesn't.  I was very leary of it in the beginning.  But the dr said my eyes would automatically adjust to it.  Using the one eye for up close and the one for distance.  It has worked out well.

Quoting looneymom424:

So it doesnt distract you that you only have one in?  I would be so distracted that way but that is me...he cant read unless he wears the glasses which can be bought over the counter actually...

Quoting mjgm1966:

I always had to get someone to read the menu for me in the restaurants. And my arms were never long enough to see pictures someone was trying to show me.  :)  I really didn't think I would like it.  But, it's so convenient.  I only have to change it out once a month. Super easy.

Quoting looneymom424:

That is a great idea I need to suggest that to my hubby he is always forgetting his so I have to read everything for him.  

Quoting mjgm1966:

I need glasses to read or see anything up close.  But, I had a horrible habit of laying them down--forgetting where I put them. Never had them when I needed them.  SO, my solution....I wear a contact in one eye for seeing up close.  Love it!  Solved my problem.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I've been wearing glasses for 40 yrs... About 6 years ago I started with the bifocals... I have worn contacts and do like the freedom of no glasses. I have thought about surgery to correct my poor vision. Being Nearsighted my whole life I don't know what I would do with 20/20, lol
deesam
by Twins on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I wear them all the time. Except for reading or anything up close different from all my 50 and over friends.
I had corrective surgery in 2000, but all the chemicals they gave me breast cancer one side effect was cataracts. Had that surgery 2012 but lost my distance vision.
looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I am the same cant do without them
Quoting Snowl:

I have bi focals - the no line kind due to vertigo. I've had them for a few years. Need them for anything/everything.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Did you have any adjustment period I really had a hard time with mine.

Quoting sunflower37:

I wear glasses everyday and just recently went to bifocals.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I wish I didnt have to have mine to read....my daughter didnt get hers till she was in high school

Quoting dusky_rose:

I've worn glasses since I was a teenager. I have nearsightedness and astigmatism. I don't wear glasses when reading.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:14 PM
At least it works for you...glad you found a way around carrying reading glasses all the time I am definitely mentioning it to my hubby whether he does it or not is the question
Quoting mjgm1966:

No. It really doesn't.  I was very leary of it in the beginning.  But the dr said my eyes would automatically adjust to it.  Using the one eye for up close and the one for distance.  It has worked out well.

Quoting looneymom424:

So it doesnt distract you that you only have one in?  I would be so distracted that way but that is me...he cant read unless he wears the glasses which can be bought over the counter actually...

Quoting mjgm1966:

I always had to get someone to read the menu for me in the restaurants. And my arms were never long enough to see pictures someone was trying to show me.  :)  I really didn't think I would like it.  But, it's so convenient.  I only have to change it out once a month. Super easy.

Quoting looneymom424:

That is a great idea I need to suggest that to my hubby he is always forgetting his so I have to read everything for him.  

Quoting mjgm1966:

I need glasses to read or see anything up close.  But, I had a horrible habit of laying them down--forgetting where I put them. Never had them when I needed them.  SO, my solution....I wear a contact in one eye for seeing up close.  Love it!  Solved my problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN