Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Pay with your smart phone~~

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just hearing that some retails (Starbucks being one) has new "app" cards that you down load to your smart phone (yes there is an app for that) and you use this app to pay for your items.... They say you can use your credit card as well but mainly use these gift (or app) cards.. The cashier will just scan your smart phone and it will take the money out of your account and give you a balance. No money exchanges hands and/or cards so this makes it easy for the retail and I guess for the customer..

Have you used this to pay for your items?

Would you use this method to pay?

Is this future of how customers will be paying for their items?

Thoughts?

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Replies (11-17):
Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM

technology is killing me and as much as I like how fast the world is moving, I feel that it is also taking away jobs and things of that nature.. PPL no longer go to the bank to make deposits because they can now do it over their phone, so probably they will delete positions of tellers or close some banks, its crazy.. I think not,  my debit card does the job and I am protected by the bank regarding fradulent activities, so its a NO..

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I'd be a bit nervous to do it that way but I guess anything new is that way.  Considering my new mobile phone is the most basic call/text phone on the planet...I won't be using any apps! LOL  God, one of the first things I'm going to do when I go back to work is get a decent phone.  This thing doesn't even take photos!  Of course my mom is paying for it so I can't gripe can I? LOL

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I do think the world will convert  to odd money exchages...We hired a lawyer and he asked for his money and my son reached in and counted out cash...The lawyer was speechless!!! My son got worried and asked...."this still works..right'???  OH YEAH the lawyer said and we thought he wet himself lmaooo....

Now we our phones might be smart but the people who have them are dumb about how to use them...they should have phone leashes

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I just sent you a message....:)

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Hi, do you mind sharing some info on the card device for your phone, I have heard about it but never really followed thru and I willbe launching my jewelry bus soon and this would be ideal.. Do you mind pm me any info you may have and have you used it? big smile mini

Quoting babynurse454:

I will continue using my debt card or cash.....I do have the card device for my phone if I sell something i can take their credit cards using my phone......I do use my phone for coupons that I get sent .

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I just responded, thank you for the info big smile mini

Quoting babynurse454:

I just sent you a message....:)

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Hi, do you mind sharing some info on the card device for your phone, I have heard about it but never really followed thru and I willbe launching my jewelry bus soon and this would be ideal.. Do you mind pm me any info you may have and have you used it? big smile mini

Quoting babynurse454:

I will continue using my debt card or cash.....I do have the card device for my phone if I sell something i can take their credit cards using my phone......I do use my phone for coupons that I get sent .

sunrisekn
by Morning Rain on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:13 PM

No, I will still use the debit card. I need that human interaction,

kam013
by Bronze sister on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM

DH has it for Dunkin Donuts, they have been doing it for a while.  Works nice because he doesn't have to dig for his DD card or his debit card.  

I have the app that allows me to enter all of my rewards cards into my phone.  Makes it soooooo much easier than carrying around 12+ different rewards cards for various stores.  I just hand them my phone and they scan the rewards card that way.  My purse became 10lbs lighter with that one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)