Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

So proud of my son - UPDATE

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Sue
  • 29 Replies
  • 511 Total Views
6 moms liked this

Alan is getting ready to enter his third year of Law School and is now involved with a group that wants to purchase an NHL franchise. It would be a dream come true to Alan who grew up loving the game of hockey, he's been a Red Wings fan his entire life and even better since he has a degree in business management as well. He's been very busy with the ownership group putting together a plan, they've been working hard for the past month looking for a team to purchase. Alan told me they are thinking it'll be the Phoenix Coyotes. It makes me feel so good to see him being so successful and see the wonderful man he grew into.

UPDATE: 8-4-2013: The group he is with will be signing papers to buy the Phoenix Coyotes tomorrow morning. I am so proud of him, he'll be 25 years old on August 27th and is now going to be a part owner of an NHL franchise. When I talked to him this morning which is when he told me this, he told me that they want to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix and rename them to the Arizona Coyotes. He's excited to get to work and told me that he'll be buying a house in Arizona. I can't believe I gave birth to this man :)

UPDATE 8-5-2013: They signed the papers to buy the team and are now the owners of the Phoenix Coyotes. He isn't the top guy of the group but he is an investor and part owner of the team.

UPDATE 10-14-2013: I talked to Alan this morning and he told me that he bought a house in Arizona and is moving there permenently. He told me he's been very busy with the team and right now is trying to get the team marketed better and get the finances in order. He also told me that they want to keep the team in Glendale, Arizona and will be renaming them to the Arizona Coyotes for the 2014-15 season. It's so exciting being able to talk to him and having him fill me in on what he's doing. He's very motivated and will do great.

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

That would be GREAT!

hubs has a friend from law school that was an in house attny for a professional sports franchise and LOVED it.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!!! congrats to him... And to you Momma!!!

looneymom424
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome glad he has that opportunity to do that...Congrats to him.

catloveralways
by SpitFire :) on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome! Congrats to Him & to you!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Sue that is great!!  Let us know whom they choose and they'll get a whole lotta new fans hehe...

kudos to him..and you too

BL2010
by Snookims on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Fantastic! Congratulations

mamamiajk
by Silver sister on Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

A handsome man and you have every right to be proud momma!

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so great for him! You raised a great guy.

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Jul. 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

What a handsome young man!! Beautiful job mommy! You should be snapping your bra straps about this...It is absolutely fantatic and a future story in the making! I'm a hockey lover and I don't know any sport that isn't my fav lol But its an awesome type of business to own considering what some of those players want in their contracts....

Wish your son much love and luck on his endeavors and BE Proud Mommy you did an excellent job!!!! Best wishes and loads of love

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

AWESOME!  You can be proud of yourself too!  His success is due in part to having you as his mom!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)