Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Amber Alert (movie)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:11 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 392 Total Views

I was up WAY before I should have been this AM. I watched this movie on Netflix and lets just say WOW! If you have NOT seen this I would suggest you watch it. Just when you think it's "it" and this happens a few times throughout the movie...you discover there is more. I was so shaken by this movie that I sat and just cried like a baby. I felt my heart racing when the people were in crisis...it was just too real. Why was it too real? Because it was ACTUAL footage of an ACTUAL event.

It was heart wrenching to think that these kids tried SO SO hard to do the right thing...and the police did so little.

QUESTION: Do you all pay attention to the Amber Alet signs posted on highway overpasses? I will admit to half heartedly doing this...but that will change now.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brooklynchic
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:21 AM

wow  ill have to watch this!!!

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I have to remind you...I DON'T cry easily...but this movie had me shaking.

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM

i pay attention to the amber alert. They have an app for the phone as well, here in NJ we also have Senior alert for the senior citizens.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Really Carmen? A senior alert? That's WONDERFUL!!!

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:32 AM
its called Silver Alert, its for seniors that are impaired that are lost especially seniors with Alzheimers.
Quoting Maida265:

Name animation - Carmen - Sparkles

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Last year, when mom had her foot surgery, was the first time I had actually seen the signs in use. I've seen the big things off the road. Senior alert (like NJ), stolen car alert and amber alert.
I will have to check this movie out
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I will have to watch it. But I am a compulsive cryer.... Soooo we'll see how I do...

I try to check out amber alerts to make sure they're real. If I deem they are, I'll pass them along. Unfortunately so many bogus alerts go around you don't what to believe.... It makes it bad on the real ones that fall through the cracks....

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I have not heard of this. If it made you cry then I don't think I want to watch it. I cry when Frosty melts. Anyway, I do pay attention to Amber Alerts and always looking.

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Wow, that is fantastic!

Quoting Carmen66:

its called Silver Alert, its for seniors that are impaired that are lost especially seniors with Alzheimers.
Quoting Maida265:

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I pay attention to the amber alert signs on the freeway that have licence plate numbers.

but I dont do well with movies like that and will choose to pass on that one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)