Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeless (Discussion....PLAY NICE)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 430 Total Views

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. We are adults and hope that despite your own beliefs that you will not judge and respect everyones opinion.

Do you give money/food/handouts to the homeless? What stops you from doing so? Do you feel your small act of kindness would not be appreciated? Or do you judge these people for their circumstances and feel if you help them...it will feed them enabling them to continue to mooch off others?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carmen66
by Carmen - Hot Latina on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't judge anybody cause everybody goes through hardships. I rather buy them something to eat then give them money. I'm gonna be honest sometimes i think twice about it, but my heart tells me otherwise. Mom always told me help others cause god will help you.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:33 AM
2 moms liked this

I help anyone in need and have put others needs over my own... I was raised never to judge because I would not want to be judge.... I am like Carmen and rather give them food but sometimes that might not be possible....

Carmen66
by Carmen - Hot Latina on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I always try to help. One time a friend an I were coming from class, she had just finished what she could, and got a doggie bag. There was a lady sitting with her kids on a bridge in Chicago we had just crossed over. She said Maria, go give my food to that lady. so, I did. I usually give a couple bucks, as I am more often in a car. I'm not gong to judge them, I don't want to be judged should hard times like that fall on me.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:48 AM

We do give to them. Money and/or food. We have one regular at a place we shop. And sometimes we also will hand out our doggy bag to someone... I don't judge why they are there. I just realize how hard they are working to make enough money to eat... I am blessed to have more than I need. It never hurts to share no matter what their circumstances...

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I do not judge them because I do not know their story. People have hardships and sometimes just need the help. I do give when I can. It's great to see them smile.

MsMimna
by Sister on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM

It depends....I've helped a woman needing formula for her baby and a homeless man looking through the trash for a cup to refill at McDonalds......handed money to some on the streets. But....I've also watched as there have been those that scam people. They stand on a corner or near a store with a sign and try to look as pitiful as possible then at the end of the day go hop into a nicer car than I drive. 

So it's hard sometimes because I believe for some it's a choice and not by life's circumstances that have put them there. 

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM

money, normally no.

but I have bought food for people.

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I give to the Food Bank and I have volunteered at the Homeless Shelter for 2 years......I only judge if they are living off the system and do not try to help themselfs.....We are to give a hand up not just hand outs.......DH and I give donations and time........I can not imagine being in that type of situation and would hope that someone would help me if I was.......It breaks my heart that so many our homeless and hungry and yet we can send billions of dollars to other countries to help them and can not take care of our own. 

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I hate to admit this, but I knew a few men personally who did the corner  begging. they hated when anyoner gave them food or offered a job. they wanted cash to go buy a bottle of cheap wine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)