Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish has come and gone! Pfft! Now, I'm hovering above . . .

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 378 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Hi Y'all: My only wish is that I could have a younger body (no more aches and pains) and retain all that I've learned. Knowing this little feat is an impossibility, I'll settle on learning to love my ugly shoes that support and give away all my beautiful high heels. Okay, I did keep that one pair for going out. It's such a little heel. My feet will just have to obey. I'm learning to love my lines, my white hair, and the freedom that comes with leaving the house without makeup. But I must have my earrings on. I wear hats, scarves, and loose funky clothes. I'm beginning to accept that I'm fun, funny, and free from worrying about how I look because I'm a senior citizen, a little old lady. And there are more important things in life than worrying about superficial stuff, like: what book do I buy my grandbaby now, or has he outgrown the twelve months clothes yet. I think I like being old . . . except for the foot shuffle when I get out of bed. But this too shall pass (as I wear my ugly supportive shoes).
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM

WELCOME!!!
And thanks for your post... I too am getting to that point in life... Down to one pair of heals, bought the ugly shoes I swore I would NEVER wear... And only use eyeliner and mascara most days...

I'm Angela and VERY glad to meet you!!! 

hau_siyoka
by Wanda - Indian Girl on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Welcome  to the 40ish and Beyond family....I am a Beyonder and share my love and wisdom with our Sisters daily and hope you will join me and others share with those who need a helping hand or just someone to listen!!! You may reach me by message if you need anything/help understand anything...Warm fuzzy welcome!

BL2010
by BL on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Hi and welcome to the group. Make yourself at home, jump in anytime/anyplace and above all have FUN.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Yep I'm beyond too at 52. However, I like my purple tennis shoes. I'd love to start a line of clothes for those of us with that menopause paunch too. There isn't much out there, IMO.

*HUGS*

Welcome.

looneymom424
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Welcome to the group I have to have the special shoes cant wear heels.  I havent reached over 40 yet but getting there

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I totally dig your knowledge and love of self!  I have to admit though, I'm being dragged into my later years kicking and screaming.  lol

I'm only 47 (only!) but don't feel like it - most days.  And I'm not big on make up or fancy clothes, but I do love to keep things fresh and funky so I don't feel closer to 50 than 40!  Like the purple streaks in my hair - I can't tell you how many compliments I've received on my hair!  So when I'm walking around, I know that people don't just see a heavy set, late 40ish woman in comfortable shoes, they see a woman who loves who she is and works it!  :)

cherivause
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Thank you all for your sweet posts. Wish I could hand out a rose to each one of you. The sun is shining outside, the sky is an incredible blue (a Texas specialty) and I'm just about ready to put on my ugly shoes. So where in the world did you find purple comfy shoes? I must be going backwards (searching for my inner toddler) because I actually want to buy shoes with velcro. I have too much to do and even though I'm still good at bending over, I am definitely tired of the whole lacing thing. Here's my bugaboo, look at the sneakers for little girls. They have butterflies, Hello Kitty, and Dora, they come in pink and sparkle and have unicorns. How come we can't have those kind of things too? I think it's time for you Bleacheddecay to put a point on your designer pencil and start drawing some fun clothes for us, with matching shoes, scarves, and hats. I'd be happy to be your guinea pig. I like elastic better than drawstrings, but that's just me.
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group. I too am learning to embrace the fact my body is getting older with aches and pains and I'm not thrilled that high heels aren't much of an option anymore.

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Turning 51 tomorrow! Feeling your a pain and mine!

terri-553
by Terri on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

welcome to cafemomI love that,and my name is Terri.I am waiting to wear my winter boots starts in late September wearing jeans/boots

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)