Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pay it forward..

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:28 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 288 Total Views

We hear about people paying for meals for the person behind them..or someone paying for a layway at Kmart or Walmart.

Do you pay it forward?  Have you seen it happen?

NO BASHING Please

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmebrat1020
by rmebrat on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I have paid for someone's meal before you never know when something like that will happen to you
secondcup5
by Carol - Proud Canuck on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah, we have done it, not with meals but with coffee at Tim Hortons, it really is something to see and be a part of.

PinkDragonFly
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I sometimes leave my change in the you scan check outs at the store!

SharonRevenge(ABC TV) join today

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222.     http://www.cafemom.com/group/119263       check out our lips are sealed

rzmamma
by Sharon on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:06 AM

We have had people pay our toll for us before and in turn we paid for the car behind us. Once, someone (we knew him) took care of our lunch check, so we paid it forward by leaving the waiter a very generous tip. I like to think that I try to pay it forward with small acts of kindness every day. Sometimes, all it takes is a kind word, a helping hand, or a few moments of your time.

PinkDragonFly
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

one time someone paid for our dinner when we were out. I went to pay for it and the waitress said "It was taken care of!"  I left a nice tip.

SharonRevenge(ABC TV) join today

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222.     http://www.cafemom.com/group/119263       check out our lips are sealed

wishbearmom
by Sue on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't done it for a while, but today would be a great day to do so. It's Hannah's birthday, so maybe I should go to Starbucks or Baskin and Robbins and pay for the next customer....I remember shortly after Hannah was born Rachel had a figure skating competition, and I was in a coffee shop with Hannah in her infant carrier. A sweet elderly gentleman paid for my lunch and left before I found out and could thank him! It blew me away!!

Maida265
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had someone pay for our meal before when I've been out with folks in my care. I've never paid it forward (per say) myself, but I've given money to a young mom in line who came up short and was struggling to find things to remove from her groceries in order to afford what she had left.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I've done little things like feed people's meters and way over tip when I've had great service.  I've never paid for someone's meal, but I'm thinking I just may do that soon.  I can only imagine how great that would make someone feel!

babynurse454
by Wild Woman on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter told me yesterday she was in Starbucks on monday and the person in front of her paid for her drink..........Ive done it once I was in line at our local drive up coffee house and gave the lady my extra money I had left over from a 10.00 bill I think 6.00 dollars was my change and told her to apply it to the car behind me.......

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM

In the fall going into winter, our local food bank keeps a few coats on hand for people that may need them I had taken my step dad in one day when this older woman with an adult special needs child looking for coats. It was already cold at this time. They did not have any their size. I gave them directions to my shop and told them to come on by in an hour or so... I gave them each a jacket and heavy coat. It wasn't much, but I hope it helped them...

We have a "regular" at one of the shopping centers we go to... We always give him a dollar or two...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)