Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Bariatric surgery

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 155 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I was wondering if anyone on here has had bariatric surgery.  I am getting ready to have the sleeve done & was wondering how things are going with you so far & if you have any suggestions or words of wisdom.

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
firelites
by Anne on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM

not sure what that is, but thoughts and prayers for a safe and speedy recovery

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Several coworkers have had it. One was really ill for sometime afterwords but did lose a lot of weight. Another was non compliant with the food plan, lost a lot of weight but not near as much as was predicted if she had followed the plan she was given. Considering the fact that you lose a large portion of your stomach you need to be very sure this is what you want and are willing to live with the huge change in eating patterns that come with the surgery. All surgical procedures carry risk and you have to be totally committed to make the risk worth while. I wish you luck.

atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Like the last person said it is a lifetime commitment in different eating. I am doing a "lifestyle forever" diet. Lost 17lbs in 9 weeks. This is a commitment to eat this way forever or the weights gonna came back on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KW1280
by Silver sister on Aug. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM
My friend had it and she looks great but it is a lifetime thing.
GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I had the less invasive lap band surgery.  I've been happy with the results, even though it is much slower than the sleeve or by-pass surgeries.  I'm a little lax on the exercise, so I know I could be more diligent, but I'm responsible for my choices and still happy with my weightloss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)