Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

He's a Not-So-Handyman

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 171 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I love my husband Dave to death.  He's smart, hardworking, loving and funny....but he's not handy.  He likes to think he is, but he really isn't.  He has lots of tools and gadgets and tries very hard to fix things or upgrade things around the house.  He just isn't always successful.  lol

We have something at our rental that needs to be fixed - a pocket door- and thankfully he has asked me to call a handyman to take care of it, rather than try to fix it himself.  He's slowly learning that there are some you should just pass on to people with more skill.  But being an electrical engineer, he can fix lighting and outlets like a pro!  lol

Is your man handy?  Does he work on things around the house or fix the car?  Does he tend to get in over his head?

Goddess Johnnie 

by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mjgm1966
by Bronze sister on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is the handiest! lol  But, it's come with time.  He used to cause more damage than good when we first got married!

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Almost sounds like Ray! What a nightmare! Dave doesn't sound too bad in that area!

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Kurt is pretty handy, but he doesn't really care to do fix-it jobs.
firelites
by Anne on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

my Dh made A+ in art and music, but I think he flunked in shop

jett286
by BrewMisstress on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

He used to be when he was physically able ~ but being a software engineer he always tried the most difficult fix first and would get irritated.  I always try the simplest fix first you know like "maybe it's a fuse" and he's like 'No I think I need to pull out all the wires and re-set everything" several hours later...it's a fuse.. LOL He always got it done and done to perfection (mind you he's an engineer so it HAS  to be perfect) now he tries to make me and the boys as anal as he is/was and we're just not!  Poor guy...

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, he cut himself working on the car with a steak knife and needed stitches, so I guess that might be a big fat no! I finally got sick of him not being able to get our utility trailer lights hooked up properly last week, so I put an ad on Craigslist and eliminated that headache. lol   I also had to create an event on FB and invite him to fix the bathroom wall that he put a hole in while doing plumbing and didn't repair, so I ended up watching a Youtube video to learn how to do it myself.

BL2010
by BL on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:32 PM
2 moms liked this

My husband is a handyman and can generally fix anything that he puts his mind to.

looneymom424
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My hubby is great with cars cant hardly do it anymore and not handy with house stuff so much but he is learning little by little

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Aug. 7, 2013 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this

i have no SO. but man i hope i find one that is capable in that area.  my ex was not much for fixing things. i like that in a man. that he can fix things

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN