Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

TGIF!! happy weekend ladies!!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:30 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 314 Total Views

hello ladies!! happy weekend!! got any exciting plans for the weekend!!!! 

not much happening here! cleaning today, jugglingwork tomorrownerdy , and sunday just bbqing and relaxing!! I wish you all 

barbecuinga great weekend!!!!!!!!

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anchorgurl
by Bronze sister on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Thanks!  Just a lot of catching up on some gardening/getting stuff ready for fall here.   Enjoy your weekend!!

Brooklynchic
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM

sounds good!! i love the fall!!!!

Quoting anchorgurl:

Thanks!  Just a lot of catching up on some gardening/getting stuff ready for fall here.   Enjoy your weekend!!

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, hoping i can go see my queen tomorrow and Sunday off to the puertorican parade with my girls in NJ.

Brooklynchic
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM

cool, now thats a fun parade!!!!! enjoy!!!!

Quoting Carmen66:

Thanks, hoping i can go see my queen tomorrow and Sunday off to the puertorican parade with my girls in NJ.

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:42 AM

yes it is, love it cause i get to see alot of people i havent seen in awhile and some i would love to forget lol..

Quoting Brooklynchic:

cool, now thats a fun parade!!!!! enjoy!!!!

Quoting Carmen66:

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Have a good weekend ladies we will be off to the trailer after super for the weekend(every weekend in the summer)got my bff coming tomorrow for the nite so there will be drinks and alot of laughing......big party across the lake with one of our fav local bands so we will take boat over there for the evening.

Brooklynchic
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:59 AM

wow  sounds like a great weekend for you!! have a blast!!!!!

Quoting secondcup5:

Have a good weekend ladies we will be off to the trailer after super for the weekend(every weekend in the summer)got my bff coming tomorrow for the nite so there will be drinks and alot of laughing......big party across the lake with one of our fav local bands so we will take boat over there for the evening.

SpiritFortress
by Sister on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

It's going to be really beautiful here all weekend so I'm thinking SO and I will do outdoor activities as much as possible. I'd like to hike at a waterfowl preserve that's about 40 minutes from here. I want to go to the Harmony Cafe in Green Bay because I haven't visited there in quite a while. Otherwise, maybe a long bike ride and making sure to watch the sunsets. BBQing sounds delicious! Maybe I'll request that SO makes me BBQ chicken on Sunday. 

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Happy Friday to you too! I have huge plans this weekend, for once. We're going to Seattle tomorrow to the Seahawks v Denver Bronco game. My dh has never been to a pro game and he is a huge football fan in general and the Bronco's are his team. So I bought tickets on the 35 yard line, behind their bench as a birthday gift. He's happier than a pig in mud! Hope you have a good weekend!

Manth
by Manth on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM

It's nearly the end of Friday for us!

My younger daughter Ishtar is silent at the moment.  She's taking part in the 40 Hour Famine to raise money for the charity World Vision.  From 6 pm tonight until 10 am Sunday she is not talking and not eating solid food (although drinks are OK).  It usually runs from 8 pm Friday to noon Sunday but the University she wants to study at next year is holding Open Day this Sunday and she needs to be able to ask questions.  I just gave her a tutorial on using the blender for Smoothies to keep her going over the weekend!  One way for her to get her fruit in (she made one with OJ, a banana, a kiwi and an apple) and keep herself from feeling too hungry.

Tomorrow will be a quiet day at home, washing and general weekend cleaning jobs.  Sunday we'll spend the day at Adelaide University.  Her big sister Athena is a second-year Engineering student there and is going to show us around the Science faculty since Ish wants to study Science, especially Forensics.  

It will be a Girls Day at University - Ross is going to visit his mother (and take her some lunch for a treat) then drive both of them to the nursing home where his father now lives for our usual Sunday visit.  It will surprise his Dad to see his wife!  He usually only sees her on Wednesdays when she gets a taxi to the home.  They have been married for 61 years and the hardest part of it has been this last year when they are living apart.  Sadly, there are no other options at this point.  Dad needs full-time care since he can barely walk across a room with a walking frame and can't get himself into or out of bed or do things like showering and toileting himself.  Mum couldn't care for him at home on her own (she's 83 and he's 88) and there are no facilities at the home to care for a fit and active spouse.

Then Monday it will be back to the usual routine - University for Athena, school for Ishtar and work for Ross.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)