Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I NEED SOME ADVICE UPDATE

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 28 Replies
  • 440 Total Views

I  belong to a site for nannies/sitters.  I have an interview with a mom today at her home.  The site advises that you meet in a public place.  She wants to meet at her house.  What should I do?  The job pays well.

UPDATE

It went great!!!!  The kids are great.  I hope I get it.

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Make certain that someone knows exactly where you will be. I can understand her wanting to meet at home since that is where you would be working and taking kids out can be a hassle, but it doesn't sound very safe for her to invite a stranger into her home.

dancer
by Sister -lp on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I told everybody where I would be.  But this site is safe for the families to use. It does  check out all of the nannies/sitters.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

Make certain that someone knows exactly where you will be. I can understand her wanting to meet at home since that is where you would be working and taking kids out can be a hassle, but it doesn't sound very safe for her to invite a stranger into her home.

Fayanne
by Fay on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

meet in a public place.

if she's interested and you feel safe, you can do a follow up at her place another time

catloveralways
by SpitFire :) on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM
3 moms liked this

If  this  is  near  Chicago  BE Careful!  There  is  a  lot  of  Scams  going on! Meet  at  McDonalds! Or somewhere public!

Brooklynchic
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

have you ever went on this type of interview before??? what did you do.. meet for coffee somewhere and take it from there

catloveralways
by SpitFire :) on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this

You  can  always  go  back to School! Go to Moraine  Valley.  There Child Care & Special Ed. program is good. They also  have a Veterinary & Cosmetology program! I  went back  in the late 80's.

BTW> In  ILL  you  need  a  state license  to  work  with  other Children.

BL2010
by BL on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

There is a big difference between a sitter and a nanny. Do you have any experience as a sitter? Have you been certified?

Fayanne
by Fay on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM

when is your poodle/dog grooming interview? How's that going?

Fayanne
by Fay on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this

But does it check out the people ASKING for a nanny? That would be my concern!

Quoting dancer:

I told everybody where I would be.  But this site is safe for the families to use. It does  check out all of the nannies/sitters.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

If the site advises meeting in a public place, the potential employer should be aware of the rules as well. I see interviews at coffee shops and fast food places all the time. Abide by the established guidelines. They're in place for your safety and peace of mind as well as that of potential employers. If anything happens, the site could be held liable, but that agreement is "voided" if you don't adhere to their policy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)