Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Shocking letter that was delivered to a mom.... WARNING letter WILL offend

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:57 AM
  • 43 Replies
  • 1112 Total Views

I read and even heard this on the news and was shocked!

Warning to those moms who has child with autism...

A mother has told of her heartbreak and disbelief after an anonymous letter which targeted her autistic 13-year-old son, calling him a ‘wild animal kid’ and telling his mother to ‘do the right thing and move or euthanize him’.

The note, signed simply as ‘one pissed off mother’ was sent to Max’s grandmother in Ontario, Canada, who looks after the teenager during summer days.

It was originally posted on Twitter by singing duo Lennon and Maisy, who are believed to be family friends. It has since been reported by mainstream media in the United States and Canada and gone viral.

Max’s mother, Karla Begley, broke down in tears while reading sections of the letter in an interview with Toronto-based CityNews, particularly the section where it suggested she should ‘euthanize her son’.

"The more you go the worse it gets,” said Mrs Begley. “It ends with ‘having him euthanized’, who says that about a child?”

Brenda Millson, Max’s grandmother, added: “I was shaking when I was reading it. It’s awful words. You don’t know why someone would do such a thing.”

Max was diagnosed with severe autism at the age of two and outrage over the letter has seen the local community band together.

Ontario police are investigating the letter and a spokesperson told Yahoo! Canada: “We are certainly taking it seriously.

“We are consulting with the Crown to see if there is any criminality that went on with the letter.”

WARNING: Letter contains phrases and words which may offend.

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:00 AM
3 moms liked this

I think what pisses me off the most about this letter it is from another mother... This woman is a sick individual....

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:12 AM
I'm in tests. I don't understand how a mom could ever write this. She must not have a heart.
Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:19 AM

this really pissed me off, how dare she write a letter like this to a mother of a child. she herself being a mother should know better, wow i just can't believe this. The fact that she is a coward to confront her and instead of insulting her ask her about her child and understand his disability. Jesus I wish that was me she would not see the light of day.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I read this in my autism support group. I'm so disgusted & sad at the.same time. Some people are just so ignorant. I've had dirty looks dart my way & I've actually had a woman approach me only to tell me I wasn't a good mother because my son was having a meltdown in public. Let me tell you I was stressed out a enough with my sons meltdown that woman was almost in tears when I was through with her. She apologized up & down to me. I thought to myself maybe she'll mind her own bussiness next time. Her excuse was she didn't know he had autism. Well why would she? Am I suppose to where a giant sign "my son has autism". Anyway the mother that wrote that letter is a piece of sh##! I feel for the mom with the autistic son she's already got enough to worry about. One good thing all of the neighbors rallied around them the family. Which goes to show you there more good people in the world than bad.
Fayanne
by Fay on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:29 AM

wow....

heaven forbid a life-altering event ever happen to a child of this sick mother

a fall, a car accident, a hit in the head from a ball, and her child suffers permanent, irreversible brain injury, then what would she think?

How can someone possibly be so heartless?

I hope they find the author of this letter and subject her to such public humiliation and shame that she has no choice but to retreat to the woods.

But being a person of compassion I know that would only affect her kids.

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

SuperMommy2806
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:35 AM

This is horrible!!! I live in ontario, and there is alot of autistic children here, I wouldnt ever suggest to another parent to be as cruel as this mother. I feel soo sorry this mother to have to endure this bs behavior :( Such a disrespectful c*nt!!! this is beyond sickening. I showed this to my SO and even he said that lady should be told right off and educated on what happeneds with autistic children!! Soo sorry to the mother of this boy :(

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Since this letter has gone viral I am hoping that she will be caught and face some sort of charges. I am still speechless about this and hope this woman as a mother never have to face challenges that moms face having a child with mental issues.

Micawife
by Bronze sister on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM

This is sooo sad. This neighborhood needs to band together and move the woman who wrote this letter into a trailer in the woods!! To know that this is what she suggests for a disabled child is heartbreaking and causes concern for the well being of her children and what she teaches them about compassion for others.

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I would love to see this woman face charges.She had no right whatsoever to tell her to do something with her son.I have a dear friend that has an older daughter who is in 20s and she gets excited so easily.It does scare people around her but she is such a joy.

Her son has a right to be outside in his own yard! To me a annoying barking dog in the neighborhood would be more to complain about but not a sweet human being!(My nieghbors like my dog since he scared off a burgular but he annoys me-LOL) I always think I will get a letter about my dog barking.Her son cannot control himself and it is not her fault.

Many people do not have experience with autistic children and have no clue what parents go through.They need to educate themselves.To say what is "normal" is unreal to me as I see all children being a blessing,I can only imagine how hard it is to tackle the challenge on a daily basis but if I had a child with autism, it would be my world just as much as my children without so dont mess with my kids, Mama bear Madea would come out

I pray for this precious Mom and family.She probably feels so bad after receiving this letter and that person had no right to judge, I just feel so awful reading this letter , made me cry

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM

What a horrible thing to say!! EVER! A slander suit maybe? I'd look into it, if I were her!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN