Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I hit a parked car....

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Kay
  • 22 Replies
  • 400 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Ok so I been MIA here lately so I decided to pop in and say hey at y'all !love you sign

It has been very busy for the last few weeks and I have had car trouble.My car decided to break down while hubby was with us school shopping for Nathan.It helped for him to realize what it was doing as he did not believe me.With that being said, I drive his truck which is  an old faithful.Well I was at the mall taking my mother in law and niece shopping and I pulled it too closely and hit a parked car next to me! I felt so bad, it was pouring rain that day.The woman on the other side of the car said that the owner worked in the store that my niece wanted to go into so they went in to get her.Well she couldnt be found and I didnt want to just ignor it even though it was a 3 inch  white scratch on a blue car.So I called hubby to see what do I do.Call the police? cant leave a note because it is raining but it worked out alright.She came out of another store and we exchanged info.She didnt think it was bad and she called her dad.He told her he would take care of it-no worries.What an awesome person to have this happen too!!!

I have dents and scratches all over my black car from people opening doors, hitting it, etc,

Well when I tell people, they said they would have left! What would you do and have you had that happen?

butterflyKay

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm like you in that I wouldn't have left without trying to at least find the owner of the vehicle. It's what I would want someone to do if they hit my car.

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Exactly, it has happened to me but then when you cant find the owner, it made me realize just how many times that has happened to others.I had witnesses, LOL, so I honestly  just couldnt leave.

Quoting BL2010:

I'm like you in that I wouldn't have left without trying to at least find the owner of the vehicle. It's what I would want someone to do if they hit my car.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this
I would have done the same as you
bhow
by Silver sister on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this

EXACTALLY what you did.  I ripped off somebody's mirror.  Could not find them.  I left all my info...driver's #, phone #, insurance #...apologized.  I wrapped it up in 2 plastic shopping bags and put it under wiper.  (snowing) They were very kind and understanding and I paid it in cash instead of insurance.  It was less than $100 16 years ago.  If we don't do our part in taking care of one another...What good are we?  Your son would have remembered what you did and did not do, also.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Same as you. I would've at the very least tried to find the owner. It is great that you found her and she was so nice about it.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you, doing the right thing!  Just because someone saw you doesn't mean you couldn't have driven away - some people still do!

I would have done like you did.  It's just good karma and the right thing.

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I would NOT have left. plus in today's world with camera's every where you would get caught and charged with leaving. I'm glad they were nice and understanding and it was not a big deal.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

being that is showed I'd have done the same thing.  Hubby had a old (80's he thinks) come over on him a few days ago and left a long freaky scratch on our truck.  Hubby told her no biggy (we can fix it ourselves) and they lady started saying "praise God you are a wonderful man"...he was a bit embarrassed lol but he said it wasn't anything to call the insurance about.

firelites
by Anne on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

if it was mine I would want some one to leave a name and number

looneymom424
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM

The parked car I hit the bumper about came off..I dont do trucks anymore hubby wont let me drive them I have horrible distance issues in cars...and I can not apparently see white cars when it is snowing either backed into one with snow on the ground..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)