Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Did you have one?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:59 AM
  • 41 Replies
  • 557 Total Views

What was your most FAVORITE toy as a kid? Who gave it to you?

by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JC2223
by Bronze sister on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Sit'n'spin!! My grandparents gave me my original one (I had a few of them because I was so rough on them and would spend HOURS on it).

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:50 AM

slinky, my oldest sister gave it to me.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM

My easy bake oven.. Santa gave it to me!!! ;)

CometGirl
by Sister on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM

My brother gave me an original Barbie doll.  I still have it!

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Quoting JC2223:

Sit'n'spin!! My grandparents gave me my original one (I had a few of them because I was so rough on them and would spend HOURS on it).

I could never sit on one of those!!! Even thinking about it now is kind of making me dizzy, haha.
secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Kittles, I still have mine and her name is Shaula.......I alway said if I had a girl that would be her name..........I only had one child and it was a boy.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:20 AM

What is a "kittles?" I've never heard of that!

Quoting secondcup5:

Kittles, I still have mine and her name is Shaula.......I alway said if I had a girl that would be her name..........I only had one child and it was a boy.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I don't know if I had just one toy...but I did favor my pogo stick that I got for Christmas! I went through more rubber stoppers for the bottom of it...lol.

luvnature
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM

a rooster on wheels. it was plastic and you had to attach a rope on the loop at the front of the toy and you pulled on it to make it roll behind you. I don't know who gave me that toy, but it is the only toy I have left from my baby years (all my other toys I had before I was 8yrs old burned in our house fire.) my rooster and my sister's rabbit on wheels were found almost a year after the fire at my grandparents house in the hands of my younger cousins who were playing with them. my parents requested to have them back since they were ours and my grandparents gladly gave them back. they were very understanding too. I still have my rooster and will never part from it either. they don't make those anymore. after that, it was a barbie doll that was my favourite (still have that as well). was the first barbie doll I received after the house fire. it is missing hair, fingers and toes have broken off over the years of me playing with it. if I could get both these toys restored, I would do it in a flash and wouldn't care how much it cost either. I know my rooster can be restored to its original state, but not too sure about my barbie doll though. those are the only toys I have left from my childhood. forgot to say, my rooster will be 50 yrs old this coming christmas. (I received it as my first christmas gift. I was 11 months old on my first christmas, turned 1 yr old 6 days later lol). my barbie will be 41 yrs old on christmas. 

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Sorry wrong spelling kiddle..........little miniture doll, very popular when I was young.

Quoting Maida265:

What is a "kittles?" I've never heard of that!

Quoting secondcup5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)